Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any recommendations for hotels in Cinque Terre area?

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 02:36 PM
Irene

I'm looking for a medium priced hotel to stay in in the Cinque Terre area. Can anyone recommend one? Is Genoa close? If so any recommendations for hotels there?

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:27 PM
Kay

Irene,<BR>we stayed in Manarola in some rooms but it sounds like you want something a bit more upmarket. There aren't that many hotels in the CT area, the villages are very small. The Marina Piccolo and Ca'Andrean in Manarola both looked fine, the first is down by the water and other up the hill. An excellent website is:<BR>http://homepage.sunrise.ch/homepage/avong/cinque_terre/<BR>We also stayed in Santa Margherita, a lovely seaside town, an hour by train north of CT. Lots more hotels, shops and restaurants, a real town instead of little villages. Depends on what you prefer. The Hotel Fiorina in SML was great, 3 star, clean and central.<BR>Kay

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Steve

Stayed in Monterosso at Hotel Pasquale this past October for 4 days and had a very fine visit. It's right on the beach with incredible views of the coast. The folks running this place are very nice and helpful; there's nothing as fine as waking up in early AM to the wonderful smell of their fresh breakfast pastries being baked! What wonderful memories!

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Auds

Hi,<BR><BR>I've stayed at two B&B's in Manarola, both of which I highly recommend. La Toretta and Da Baranin (my spelling may not be great). The difference between these is that La Toretta has sea views and Da Baranin does not.<BR><BR>You should bear in mind however that Manarola is a very quite town. Other than eating out and people watching at the harbour there is very little to do at nighttime. <BR><BR>Personally I love it (I've been twice). <BR><BR>Marina Picola has to be my favourite restaurant, with Tratoria Da Billy coming second.<BR><BR>It doesn't exactly have a beach, just deep water fishing and sun bathing on rocks, but you can take a 15 minute train journey to Montarosa or Lavanto.<BR><BR>Opps I've gone on a bit - sorry

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Barb

I stayed at Da Baranin last Oct and highly recommend it. Our apt. had a sideways view of the water and it was beautiful. Like the previously poster said, Manarola is lovely, but not much on nightlife. Rio Maggiore seemed a little more lively and also very beautiful. I did not like Monterosso - too touristy. Have a wonderful time in paradise.