Notices

Is Crazy Mina Here Anymore?

Old Jun 16th, 2004, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Crazy Mina Here Anymore?

I realize that Fodorites often "move on" and stop posting on the forum, as, to my great sadness, Elvira did a while back, but I'm wondering if any of the California Fodorites have heard of/from Crazy Mina. I really miss reading about her travel adventures.

BC
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 06:29 AM

She's still around, bookchick. Perhaps she will see your message and respond.
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 07:21 AM

She responded to a thread about Ireland on 6/9. If you want to look for her posts, type "crazymina" in the search box and click "Find".

Karen
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 09:25 AM

Hi bookchick. What a pleasant surprise to be inquired about by you.

I still hop in here...but post very rarely, as I feel that there are so many savvy posters who can answer questions way better than I can. So I just see what's up from time to time, and of course use it for travel planning! Fodors posters have to still be some of the best around.

I hope you are doing well! If you're really interested in some of my travel adventures, I can email you the report from my Europe trek last year. It was written during my travels, and is pretty well along the lines of the stuff I usually write. There is a bit of romance, drama, etc. Plus the man I met while in Europe is the one I'm still with. Is your email address a valid one?
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your replies!

Mina, how nice to see you again! Yep, my e-mail address is valid, so feel free to e-mail away! And do not ever underestimate your own ability and talent to give good advice, please. I know many here really appreciate you sharing your experience & knowledge.

Best wishes,
BC
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 09:34 AM

No, I don't...but when one beats me to the same reply, so why repeat? I'm not as quick to draw.

OK, I will send you the file tonight when I get home. Have a great week!
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 10:28 AM

Bookchick, you are in for a real treat! One of the best travel "novels" I've ever read!
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 01:42 PM

Still coming to Scotland next year, Mina?
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 02:59 PM

I'm hoping so Sheila. It really depends if my current beau gets his greencard to come here. If he does, he'll need some time to settle down and get to work. If not, then I'll probably take the time to visit him in Australia until everything is finalized.

But your neck of the woods is definitely next on my list! I've been dreaming about Scotland.

It's tough, because in this job, I don't have as many vacation days as I used to.
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 03:20 PM

Crazymina:

I really enjoyed your trips reports, they were wonderful. I saved them, but unfortunately had a computer meltdown and lost them. If you have them in word format, I'd love to get a copy so I can enjoy your adventures again. Please send them to [email protected]

Best wishes Ger
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 04:20 PM

Hi Ger...

I didn't post much on fodors, but the two trip reports I did are still here. The links are below.

Are you the Ger who posted that very fun Barcelona report a while back? If so, I really enjoyed that one...

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...sheep+survived

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...t=mina+and+tea

Old Jun 16th, 2004, 04:46 PM

Thanks Mina. I look forward to reading your adventures again

I was the Ger that posted "Bridget Jones and Friend in Barcelona" a few years ago. The post is gone now.

regards Ger
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 04:51 PM

Hmmm...guess that's why I couldn't find it. I wonder what happened to it...

A few years ago? Sheesh...time flies...
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 04:25 AM

Mina, I often travel in Europe alone, but I don't have the kind of adventures you have! I would love to see your trip report and find out what I've been missing! Maybe I can be more adventurous on my next trips! My email is [email protected] Thanks - I loved reading your reports on Fodors!
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 04:55 AM

Mina

David Armbrust in Port Douglas passes on his best wishes to you. We went to see him on your recommendation and had a wonderful, wonderful time. We mentioned your name and he recalled you with some affection. Nice to know that Fodorites really are real people, not just screen names!!

All the best

Jimbo
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 08:38 AM

Wow Jimbo...how very cool is that. I loved the day I had on his tour...and he probably remembers me because he doesn't get too many crazy young Korean women on them. I am glad you had a great time...I went back to Australia in December but didn't get to go back up to his neck of the woods to visit. I promised him that some day I would. (I still remember some of the names of his "friends Thank you so much for letting me know.

Vicky, sometimes strange things happen, and I find that if you go with it, it makes for a good story.