Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:50 PM
KFT
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ireland Park Hotel Kenmare vs. Sheen Falls Lodge

Can't decide.....Would love input!
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:21 PM

KFT, I had tea at Sheen Falls and it does have a lovely location. The reception rooms seemed a little cold. I love the Park Hotel's location. Right in the village and on the golf course. The back gardens run down to a little park on the bay. If I return to Ireland I would plan on staying at The Park. Look at trip advisor and see what is said.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:43 PM

KFT, I've only stayed at the Park Hotel and loved it. We did go for a drink at Sheen Falls Lodge as my sister wanted to see the property. It, too, was a wonderful property but I would chose to stay at the Park Hotel for the in town location.
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 12:39 AM

I stayed at the Park Hotel in July of this year. We really enjoyed it, our room was beautiful, overlooking the lake, with a separate dressing room. We were a little disappointed with lunch, the service and food was average, but that could have just been an off day. Dinner, on the other hand, was wonderful. We also loved being able to walk into town, where there a few very good restaurants.

What made it for us though, was the spa, it is absolutely wonderful. Expensive, but worth every penny.

In relation to your other post, I have stayed in Dromoland Castle many times (a least once a year) and I really, really love it. The food is wonderful, the walks are lovely, service impeccable, and staff friendly. A lovely bar and reception rooms with open fires. Well worth a stay. Adare Castle is on my list, but I have not got to stay here yet. I have driven through the grounds, which are beautiful, and the town of Adare is so cute and quaint. I really hope to stay here soon, and have heard many good things about it.

Hope this helps.

Angela
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 04:33 AM
KFT
Original Poster

Angela,

Do you know if the Park Hotel has any excursions that it offers? Sheen Falls offers these day trips (I'm sure for many $$$) that sound amazing!

Regarding my other post...
Is there a town or anything near Dromoland that you can bike/walk to?
Do you need to get in the car to go anywhere?