Reload this Page >

Internet cafes in Rome

Search

Internet cafes in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:33 AM
Barb

Internet cafes in Rome

Are there any internet cafes around the Piazza Navona area? I am staying at Residenza San Pantaleo. Thanks

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Paula

In addition to the poster's question, does anyone know how elaborate the internet cafes are, such as, do they have CD Writers on them so that you can download pictures from a digital camera onto a CD??

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Capo

Hi Barb. Don't know of any in the immediate vicinity of Piazza Navona (though there may be, but Piazza Barberini isn't all that far away and there you'll find the huge and relatively inexpensive EasyEverything internet cafe. <BR><BR>See: http://www.easyeverything.com/map/rom.html<BR><BR>Closer to Piazza Navona, there are a few terminals in a museum (I forget the name) on the west side of Via del Corso, but they were a lot more expensive than the EasyEverything place.<BR><BR>

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 12:08 PM
Holly

If you head out on the street going due north from P. Navona, there's 1 on the left about 3 blocks up from the piazza. If you pass Hotel Adriano, you've gone too far.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Suzanne

Try http://www.cybercafes.com/continent....ntinent=Europe

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Alice Twain

Paula:<BR><BR>In order to do it, you would need more than a Cd writer, you woudl need to install some sofware on the computer and than transfer the photos from the camera. This is not allowed in any internet caf&egrave; worldwide that I know of. Downloading and installing software is forbidden because too dangerous.

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Allison

Hi Barb,<BR><BR>I think you will find that some Internet Cafes are equipped to allow CD burning. Check out TreviNet Pl@ce, which is by the Trevi Fountain. Their web site is http://www.trevinet.com/en/main.htm.<BR><BR>Allison

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Allison

Actually, my previous post should have been directed to Paula instead of Barb.

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 05:52 PM
ttt

topping for Barb

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Paula

Thank you for the replies, they are very helpful. I figured there might be a software issue. I will research your suggestions a bit further. Thank you.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 06:15 AM
Laura

I am right now at one at Barberini square, across the street from the metro station at Barberni, very close to Spanish steps. It is 1 Euro for a half an hour, very cheap rates. Printing is a pain, you have to email your page to an address and pay for it to be printed out. No CD Roms. Do have audio areas if you have head phones.