Innsbruck restaurant recommendations

Jun 4th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

Innsbruck restaurant recommendations

Hello all! My husband and I, along with another couple, are headed to Innsbruck for a few days later this month before going to Ortisei, Italy. I'm looking for restaurant recommendations. It's one thing to read a bunch of reviews, but another to suggestions here.

We're not picky eaters - pretty much anything goes. And we're open to all price points, from cafes for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, to high end dining, though super gourmet isn't necessary. We're staying close to the city center at the AC Marriott.

Also, any ideas for good, interesting cocktails?

Thank you!
Jun 8th, 2019, 08:20 AM

Ive enjoyed our meals at myIndigo and Machete Burrito Kartel previously- both casual venues. Tomaseli gelato for dessert.
Jun 9th, 2019, 03:16 AM

We have enjoyed meals at Weinhaus Happ and Gasthof Weisses Rossl. From my notes, the Ochsentafelspitz at Weinhaus Happ caught my attention. In general I am not a fan of Tafelspitz, but the use of Ochsen was a delicate upgrade. At Weisses Rossl I recall ordering the Beef Tartare and found it much to my liking, along with the liter of house white that DH and I shared.
Jun 9th, 2019, 06:00 AM
Original Poster

I appreciate the feedback

Thank you for the feedback!

ANUJ, you had me at gelato, which I LOVE! And My Indigo and Machete Burrito Kartel were both on my list of casual spots with good food and service, so it's nice to hear confirmation of that.

forfourtravel - I'll definitely take a look at the two you recommend. I get nervous about restaurants right in the middle of the "tourist zone," so i'ts nice to hear recommendations from seasoned travelers. I mean, the Hard Rock Cafe in Innsbruck has good reviews. Nothing against Hard Rock, but personally it's not where I want to go when I travel.