Search

Innsbruck and Sworovski Crystal

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Innsbruck and Sworovski Crystal

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about how to avoid the rip off places that sell this crystal. I found out that Crystal World will be closed when we are there but I was told I could visit their store downtown. I've heard stories about good and bad places to buy crystal.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 06:04 PM

I was in Innsbruck 2 years ago and there were some shops that sold the crystal. I did not see any big deals and with the exchange rate as it is I would make sure I know what the prices are before buying in Innsbruck. There are a few dept. stores you can check as well as a few boutiques that sell it. Just check the exchange rate before you go.
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 06:07 PM

I'm not sure what you are looking for. Are you worried that the downtown Sworovski store isn't a real Sworovski store?

I was in the downtown Innsbruck Sworovski store and it seemed elaborate enough not to be an imposter. I recall three floors of crystal things.
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 06:10 PM

Sworovski prices are pretty much fixed and are the cheapest in Austria. You can go from shop to shop and the prices are pretty much the same.
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 08:13 PM

I was in Innsbruck in April this year and shopped at both the store in Innsbruck and the Crystal World and found the prices to be all the same. In fact the prices are the same all over Austria and Germany. Where ever you are paying in Euros the price is set. However the cheapest prices for Swarovski Crystal are in Switzerland as you pay in Francs there. Have done the research as was shopping around myself. Unfortunately the dearest prices are in were I am in Australia
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 07:16 AM

check out some prices on ebay. You can often get new items at a good discount and some used items at great discounts.

I bought a frog for a friend at about 20% less than the best deal she could find
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 10:59 AM

If you don't have your heart set on a particular crystal, google this word "glasstrasse" and check out the web sites. It's the "Glass Road" in eastern Bavaria. Many places to see. We like Bodenmais the best.
Old Sep 17th, 2007, 11:54 AM

A year or so ago, went to the Watton Swarovski plant in Austria, purchased some items, only to find the very same items the next day in the Black Forest shops for less money. And we all thought we would have gotten the best deal at the factory. Oh well, however the jewelry and all is so beautiful. Enjoy whatever you get. Halfpint