Reload this Page >

Information on the overnight train???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Ted

How do I make arrangements??? Looking for website or phone, Paris to Spain??? What other routes are available, looking to tool around Europe.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Rex

www.sncf.fr or www.renfe.es or www.raileurope.com or 1-800-4-EURAIL.<BR><BR>Buying here will cost you 30-80% more than buying it there.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 01:48 PM
fred

Rex...When you go to the web sites, they tell you you have to buy your passes here in the states or you don't get the "good prices" What gives?

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Melissa

My guess is that the Eurail PASS itself is more there than here. Then the reservations on each train costs more here than there. I bought my passes here, then went to www.raileurope.com for the timetables. I printed out all the trains/dates I wanted, then when I got to each destination I made reservations at the train station.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Daniel

I´m not sure if it is possible to buy "Eurailpass" in Europe. Europeans use "InterRail", but you have to be resident in Europe for 6 months before you are allowed to buy it.<BR>www.railpass.com

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Babs

You can not buy "Eurail" Passes outside of the US. You can purchase point to point or individual country passes but they will be different from what is offered here.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 05:49 AM
julie

I am taking the overnight train from Paris to Barcelona this Saturday, and found www.seat61.com really helpful. The excellent site covers not just train travel around Europe, but around the world. <BR>BTW, I am taking the thalgo train which is purely a 'train hotel' with only sleeping rooms, a bar and a restaurant. It leaves Paris about 8pm and arrives Barcelona 8am. And I can't wait! Good luck