Cottage rental in northern Wales?

Old May 19th, 2002, 06:27 PM
Ann

Cottage rental in northern Wales?

We plan to spend a week in northern Wales next spring and would like to rent a cottage. Any suggestions for a location central to most of the sights in northern Wales, especially its castle and gardens? Or any suggestions for a cottage itself? Thanks.

Old May 19th, 2002, 09:30 PM
Ani

Definately do a search on North Wales-there have been many threads similar to your question...we stayed in Betws-Y-Coed and it was a fantastic experience...very central-very pretty-perfect.

Old May 28th, 2002, 01:52 AM
Colin Owen

I actually have a holiday cottage in North Wales. I understand the rules of the forum say I'm not allowed to advertise here, so I shalln't.

But if you have no objections I will however send you an e-mail.

We're perfectly centrally located for access to the beautiful splendor of Snowdonia, such as Betws-Y-Coed, Llanberis, Beddgelert, or to the historical castle towns of Caernarfon, Beaumaris and Conwy or to the glorious beaches of Anglesey, or the pretty victorian seaside town of Llandudno.

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:04 AM
Jasper

A cottage in Wales.... aah the pleasure of coming home to a real fire!

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:08 AM
ll

are the Welsh still up to that sort of thing then ?

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:13 AM
Colin Owen

No, the burning of holiday cottages was a bizarre phase in the late 80's that lasted for a few years. There's not been any incidents for a very long time.

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:16 AM
ll

that's what I thought

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:18 AM
Jasper

I just remember the spoof ad for British Solid Fuels which they did on Not The Nine O'clock News. Whenever i hear about welsh cottages it always comes to mind.

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:20 AM
ll

I preferred the "failed in wales" version of the national anthem

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:23 AM
Jasper

Yes.. very funny but not as good as "there's a man in Iran, that I can't resist...." Genius!

Old May 28th, 2002, 02:29 AM
ll

"I like Trucking" still raises a smile

Old May 28th, 2002, 04:07 AM
Colin

Not The Nine O'Clock news, now there's a blast from the past !

I agree, pure underated comic genius !

Old May 28th, 2002, 06:28 AM
ginny

Hi Ann!!!!

Check out this site

http://www.premiercottages.com/

and go to the Wales index...you deal directly with the owners of the property!!!! I have stayed in Lanbedr at the cottage Tan-T-Rhiw which was a perfect location for seeing many sites in North Wales!!!! The cottage itself was immaculate with every comfort you could think of and the owner was there to greet us the day we arrived Wales is one of my favorites places!
Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions!!!!!

Old May 29th, 2002, 03:08 AM
Colin

I had a look on premier cottages only to notice that Anglesey had fallen off their map ?

OK they don't have any properties on the island, but being an islander myself it does annoy me when people just chop it off the map !

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Tops

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 06:31 AM
sylvia

We always book through English Country Cottages at http://www.english-country-cottages.co.uk/ and have always been pleased with their service. Click on "availability search" at the top of the page. In spite of the name they also cover properties in Scotland and Wales.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Colin

The company who run English Country Cottages also have a wider choice internet based page that incorpoates all their properties from their subsidaries. Including Wales, Scotland, Ireland and France.

http://www.cottages4you.com

Over 9000 cottages !!