Info on Prague

Jun 18th, 2002, 11:11 PM
Charlie

Info on Prague

Willbe spending three days and nights in Prague in Sept. Looking for suggestions on NICE hotels with easy walking to major areas. Not interested in American style hotels.Good size room with shower. Also since i wil be coming from Germany what are thoughts of train opposed to flying
thanks

Jun 19th, 2002, 05:37 AM
sandi

http://www.hotels-of-prague.com/

http://www.ds-bohemia.cz/Prague/

http://www.hotel-prague.cz/

or do a search on this forum for previous suggestions.

Jun 21st, 2002, 11:46 AM
Christina

Train sounds like a fine idea as the trains that come from Germany are pretty nice ones, I think. There are lots of nice hotels, but I'm not totally sure what you mean by "American style." I'm guessing that rules out the Marriott, of course, but perhaps you mean you don't want a modern hotel or a hotel with modern-style furniture? I haven't stayed in any of these, but think they are considered some of the nicer ones and are in a convenient location: Grand Hotel Bohemia; Hotel Pariz; there are 1-2 near Wenceslaus square but I get their names confused, Czech hotels, maybe the President or State; I stayed at the Hotel Maximilian on Hastalska square which is very nice (4-star) and I wouldn't call it American style (it's Austrian-owned actually, a renovated older townhouse with stylish furniture but not completely modern), that is near the Jewish Quarter and very convenient IMO and walking distance to a lot of stuff. It's a Golden Tulip hotel and you can find it on Utell's booking site, also. They do have outstanding showers and bathrooms if you get a double. It's gotten a lot more expensive over the last few years, unfortunately--it's now $175-200 a night and used to be about $125 a couple years ago. It's not American but is recently renovated so isn't going to be old Czech style or anything.

Jun 21st, 2002, 12:00 PM
Daniel

"Not interested in American style hotels. Good size room with shower."
Excuuuuuse me, are you interested in American style hotels with good size and shower, or not?
Anyway, www.praguepost.com is a good site for info.

Jun 21st, 2002, 12:11 PM
Fred

Try www.hotelsprague.cz and take a look at Nebozizek. It might be what you are looking for.
Fred

Jun 21st, 2002, 12:17 PM
emily

There was a posting not too long ago about someone who had just returned from Prague who had rented a 4 star apartment in a great location. It was less than any hotels. You might try doing a search for that posting because he/she gave the name of the place. If I should ever be lucky enough to return to Prague, this would be the ideal way to go. Emily

Jun 21st, 2002, 01:38 PM
Flavia

I did the same thing. When you get off the train there is a tourist office that will help you find accommodations. We rented a wonderful apartment for 1 week for $150. That was total for the week for three people. Granted, this was 4 years ago, but still...

Jun 21st, 2002, 02:22 PM
brownie

We stayed at a 3-star apartment in Mala Strana and it was wonderful. I've posted about it many times and if you've done a search, it should've come up.

We paid $30/night and no, there isn't any air-conditioning. It's located on the first floor (above ground) of a family home.

More info, send me an e-mail.

Jun 22nd, 2002, 08:19 AM
Emily

Charlie, I found the posting I was referring to so will copy and paste it here for you:

Author: Marcie ([email protected])
Date: 06/16/2002, 12:49 pm

Message: We just returned from Prague. We stayed at a great, very clean 1
bedroom apartment in the best, most central location possible close to Old
Town Square. It just worked out great and they even picked us up from the
airport! The apartment was fully furnished with a fridge and coffee pot which we
put to good use, as well as a washing machine which really came in handy!!
You can view photos of it on line through www.travel.cz (our apartment was
Husova 12, unit A2) The location could not have been better and we found it
much cheaper than staying at a hotel. It is rated as a 4 star apartment house.
We enjoyed the extra room over a small hotel room. You'll love Prague! Marcie

Jul 19th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Karen

We stayed at the U Krale Karla, right below the Castle, and it was wonderful. Very friendly staff, gorgeous hotel with stained glass windows, large rooms, modern bath, but old world decor and charm. The walk up the hill at the end of the day was a little challenging, but it helped burn off the pork and beer that was so cheap and good! Gorgeous hotel.

Search this Thread