Reload this Page >

info on Nice & Monaco

Search

info on Nice & Monaco

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 03:06 PM
cindy

info on Nice & Monaco

I will arrive in Nice by cruise ship and would like to see Nice and Monaco. What is the best way to get around. Do you know of a car service?<BR>Thanks,<BR>Cindy

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 05:34 PM
flygirl

how long do you have?

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 05:50 PM
flygirl

will only have one day 10am to 11pm

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 07:11 PM
Nicole

When we were in Nice, we mainly walked around--and saw most of what we wanted in a day. If you want to visit the Matisse museum in Nice I suggest taking the bus. It's quite an uphill walk to get there and a little hard to find. <BR><BR>You can take the train to Monaco. It takes about a half and hour at most to get there by train. Pick up a map in the tourist office in the train station. We walked from the train station to the beach but then decided to take the bus back.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 07:18 AM
Martine

You can also take the heli-taxi (helicopter) from Nice to Monaco.<BR>In Monaco you have to visit the roc and the palace (you can clim up by foot or take the elevator in the roc) Monaco is a very beautiful an d special little city.If you don't want to wait at the trafficlights, you kan cross the street over by taking an escalator.Really amazing.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 10:25 AM
cindy

Martine,<BR><BR>thanks for the info,how much is the helicopter? Where do you get it? Did you have a tour guide in Monaco, can you make a reservation for the palace?<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Debbie

Cindy:<BR>We arrived in Villefranche by cruise ship last summer. I did some searching in guide books ahead of time to figure out what I wanted to see. Then we walked to the train station (5 min walk, approx), took the train to Monaco, then got a bus to the palace area; saw inside the palace, took a walk around the area, got back on the bus and took the train to Nice. A friend of mine who is French and has been to Nice alot, gave us some restaurant names, etc. We walked to old town, had dinner , then got back on the train to Villefranche. The amount of time you have goes so quickly. We all loved the train; it was so quick and we saw alot!! Hope you have a great time!

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 06:11 PM
flygirl

the helicopter is about 75 pounds as I recall...

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 06:44 AM
Carolyn

Here's the Monaco helicopter service web page for those who are interested...http://www.heliairmonaco.com/. The flight from Nice to Moanco is 6 minutes and 75 EUROS each way or 135 EUROS round trip.