Restaurants in Portofino ?

Jun 18th, 2002, 08:38 AM
MC

Restaurants in Portofino ?

After searching this forum I found some restaurants recommendations around SML but only a few for Portofino (La Cambusa).

Any other suggestions for Portofino or that area ?
Thanks !

Jun 19th, 2002, 04:56 AM
ttt

I'm also interested in this question !

Jun 19th, 2002, 02:01 PM
MC

I'm topping this question because I'm hoping that the people that have been to Santa Margherita and Portofino could give some advice ?

Thanks

Jun 19th, 2002, 04:16 PM
ttt

ttt for MC and cherie (other similar post).

Jun 20th, 2002, 10:06 AM
MC

Any suggestions ?

Jun 20th, 2002, 10:41 AM
Dawn

MC,

In April my husband and I day-tripped there from his town of Forte dei Marmi. It was a beautiful day and al the outside cafes were open and thats where we had lunch. It was nothing exceptional, but the view couldn't be beat. I think I had a salad nicoise and he had some kind of panini and an antipasti. They were good. We sat there for several hours and just enjoyed the early april sunshine, it was still chilly, but not in the sun. Since we only stayed for the morning and afternoon I cannot recommend any restaurants but the outside cafes are pretty good.

Jun 20th, 2002, 12:44 PM
barbara

we stopped in portofino en route (although can't recall which leg in our trip last year it was -- wherever it was it was a good midpoint) and just walked around and picked a place -- probably the most expensive lunch we had in all of italy, but it was good and pretty and we sat in the cafe along the water all afternoon, taking in the view, and then hiked up a hill to an old church -- beautiful view. If I looked at the photos, I'd recall the name. In any event, you can just walk around to find something that looks nice -- its not a big place.

Jun 21st, 2002, 08:26 AM
Rachel

Last year, my boyfriend and I went to Portofino and Cinque Terre...Portofino is a beautiful and charming town-we stayed at the Piccolo Hotel - after doing some dining research and it was also recommended by our hotel, our favorite restaurant was called Da Puny -
Piazza Martini, Olivetta 5, Portofino
Tel: +39 185 269 037 - absolutely one of the best Italian and sea food we ever had - order the antipasto and the Portofino pasta dish which is a flat papperdelle pasta with a pesto/tomato sauce - Be sure to make reservations in advance because the place does get packed...here are some websites with some info -
http://www.worldexecutive.com/cityguides/portofino/restaurants.html
http://utenti.lycos.it/Portofino_/
Enjoy your trip!!