Search

Info on croatia

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2003, 01:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info on croatia

Hello

3 of us are off to croatia in june for 2 weeks. we're staying at the Hotel Lapad in dubrovnik - anyone have any experiences of teh hotel? any suggestions on things to do? We are hoping to hire a car and tour round a bit and maybe even spend a day or two in Split...anyone know if this is possible or if there are any good hire car places.

Thanks

Laney
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 08:51 AM

http://www.croatia.hr/home.php

Hotel Lapad is located about 10 minutes from the Old Town - I remember passing it when coming back on the ferry from Lopud. An acquaintence mentioned that the hotel has a shuttle boat to the Old Town. I didn't stay there. You can catch a bus from Dubrovnik to Split - takes about 4 hours, I believe. Croatia is amaaazing.
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 03:20 AM
Original Poster

Thnks for that - can't wait to go! Any suggestions for restaurants etc?
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 11:28 AM

I was in Croatia in June with 3 lady friends. We took the ferry from Dubrovnik to Split, which was quite romantic seeing that in Africa we do not have such luxuries as ferries. We only did a day trip to Dubrovnik, but did spend two days in Split. It is an amazing place and you should visit the nearby historical towns as well using the local bus service. It is very cheap and realible. There are a number of restaurants along the promonade and all of them serve very good food. Try the local dishes, they are amazing.
Old Feb 1st, 2004, 03:58 AM
Original Poster

thanks all. does anyone know of a good cheapish hotel to stay in in split if we do make it up that far? if it takes 4 hours we're not really going to go just for a day! also what about going over the border? is it safe to do on our own or best as part of an organised tour?

Thanks

Laney