Search

Croatia/Ireland Trip in May with toddler

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Croatia/Ireland Trip in May with toddler

Hello.
I've been reading a lot of good advice here about getting to Croatia. My husband, 4 year old and I will be doing a 5 week trip to western Ireland / Italy / Croatia this May, and I have some questions about getting around Croatia. We will be flying OHare to shannon and staying 1 week in Dingle and Doolin. Next we will bus to Dublin and fly to Venice (Ryanair) where we will spend 2 days. Now the difficult part, we would like to spend the next 3 weeks getting from Venice to Split to hvar to Dubrovnik, on to possible Sarajevo, and back to Venice.
I'm considering the ferry from Chioggia to Split. does any one know the cost of this boat ride? Next question is the frequency of the ferrys running within Croatia. I would like to book hostels/hotels in advance as I have my little girl with me. But this may be difficult if ferries only run on certain days. Are the Split / Hvar and Hvar / Dubrovnik routes daily in May? also, any one know the prices? We will be on a tight budget.
Any information on these routes will be very helpful. Thank you!
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 06:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
ttt
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 08:17 AM
jefftkeller

You can links to all of the major ferry companies at http://www.cemar.it/dest/ferries_croatia.htm

You should be able to find the information you need from their websites.

Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 01:12 PM

I was in Croatia 2. 5 weeks with 2 year old and 4.5 year old in September. It was lovely. I took ferry from Split to Hvar and that was many times a day, I would imagine same in May. Hvar to Dubrovnik left only on certain days I believe but still relatively frequent.

I don't remember costs but Split/Hvar was nominal (it is only 1 hour).

That is quite a trip you are planning! Croatia was lovely.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 01:53 PM

You don't have to wait days for the Hvar to Dubrovnik ferry. You can simply return to Split on the much more frequent catamaran. From there, it is easy to walk the hundred meters or so to the bus station and take a bus to Dubrovnik. Takes about four/five hours and provides lovely scenery.

Have a lovely trip!