Info on Canary Islands

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Cindy

Info on Canary Islands

Not sure which board to go to for information on the Canary Islands. Does anyone have any info on this as a holiday destination. They sounds very beautiful and maybe not hordes of tourists? How do you get there from US/Canada.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Myriam

The smaller islands La Gomera, El Hierro and La Palma are fairly unspoilt.
The bigger ones Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura do have hordes of tourists! Mainly northern European guests who escape from the long winter.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 08:42 AM
JOHN

YOU FLY TO EUROPE AND CATCH A PLANE TO GET THERE. BA FLIES THERE AND SO DO MANY OTHER AIRLINES AND SCORES OF CHARTER COMPANIES.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 10:35 AM
db

The Canary Islands have been one of the top fave destinations for us British for years, hence LOADS of tourists in major parts of Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Feurteventura (sp?). Fortunately for us, it is close enough for a lovely warm winter break!

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Maggie

Hi Cindy,
For reasons I shall never understand Fodors include The Canary Islands on the African board.
OK, they lie off the coast of Africa, but they are a part of Europe.
Regards
Maggie.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Mara

Oh, Cindy, go there, you will have a wonderful time. We went last year with a group of women and we were dancing and ____ every night!

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Mara

Cindy, just kidding, I had to come back and confess, we just had a lovely time, they are beautiful islands, but we did dance, lol.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Cindy

Mara - you definitely have sparked my interest! I am single and will be going it solo - don't want to go where there are nothing but couples. What are the accommodations like and what are the price ranges. Is the money in Euros. Would it be possible to get a decent place for under 100 Euros? Can you get a direct flight from London? What is the best time of the year to go when perhaps there are not as many tourists. How about the weather. Sorry, I do have lots of questions.