Search

Impossible?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Impossible?

We're looking for a hotel in the area of Antibes (we have family in Grasse that we want to be near) that is charming and walking distance from a sandy beach, as we'll be traveling with our two young children. So far we haven't found anything that fits the bill--besides the Meridien in JLP, and we're hoping to find something smaller (or less sterile) and less expensive. We're not deterred by hotels where English isn't spoken. Would appreciate any suggestions!
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 10:17 AM

If you had a title even vaguely related to your post you would get more/better answers. Perhaps consider mentioned "hotel" and "Antibes".
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I'll retitle.
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 10:39 AM

I haven't stayed there myself, but a few years ago someone posted here about Hotel Castel Garoupe with small apartments with kitchens on or right near the beach. I thought it was in Antibes, but it appears to be in JLP. Can't find the post here, but info is here
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Provence.html

and here
http://www.castel-garoupe.com/

While I was trying to find the post I refer to, I found this post with good info on another thread

Author: firstlady
Date: 06/13/2007, 06:11 amAntibes is a lovely place to base yourselves, like you say, it has everything you need to enjoy a holiday all within a short walk.
Right in the center of town there are a couple of hotels, the Auberge Provencal, Cameo, Relais de Postillion, or why not rent an apartment for the week in the Old Town ? have a look on travel-library.com.
Remember that parking is a nightmare so when you book something make sure there is parking.

If you are planning on staying a week or more, I'd certainly consider renting an apartment.
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

thank you