Leiden is a treat

Search

Leiden is a treat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2003, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leiden is a treat

My wife and I recently spent two weeks in Leiden and I can't recommend it highly enough as a base of operations for a stay in the Netherlands. Great location, beautiful, many museums, wonderful markets, easy transportation. I've posted some pictures from our visit at &lt;http://www.people.virginia.edu/~tsd3...eiden.html&gt; Visit Leiden and enjoy. Tom Dowd <BR>
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 07:07 AM

Wonderful pictures, Tom. You two look like you had a great time! Thanks for posting the link. How did you go about renting your apartment, and was it expensive?
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

We found our apartment in Leiden through Untours - a great company that provides the independent traveler with an apartment in a number of very interesting spots. You can find them at http://www.untours.com Tom
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 07:22 PM
pg

Tom,<BR>We are planning to rent a car (4 adults travelling together in Holland/ Germany), and would probably end up in a hotel in Leiden. Are there parking problems near the Keokenhoff(sp?) gardens? Is it advisable to drive a car to the Aalsmeer flower auction? If not what is the best way to go there?<BR>Thanks
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 07:56 PM

Hi-<BR>I spent about a week there 4 years ago as part of a RTW trip. We stayed with friends. It's a lovely town, even in winter.<BR>http://www.wired2theworld.com/holland.htm
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 11:44 AM

Driving to the flower auction is quite easy. I am a Florist and it is the most beautiful sight you will see. Millions of flowers being sold and moved in the most efficient manner. Well worth the time and admission.
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 12:25 PM

Great pictures, Tom, and thanks for posting about Leiden.<BR><BR>I took my first Untour in the fall to Ascona (Ticino) and now am hooked! My husband and I are going to the Swiss Heartland next year with Untours and I have suggested to my sister that she go to Leiden. After seeing your pictures I would like to go there as well! Too many places, too little time.....
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 05:25 PM

Tom What great pictures! I'm so glad to see someone else takes pictures of stairs! I shall have to include Leiden in the next trip itinerary. Thanks so much!<BR>