I'm getting excited- can't believe we're really doing this

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are law partners (our own law firm)and we decided that we were just going to take a leave of absence and take kids to Europe this summer before they get too old to want to trek around with their parents - 15 year old in particular. Fed. judges granted our leave -and I can't believe it - we're really going. Just had a judge today go out of his way to accomodate our leave and schedule a trial so that we can get away. I guess I never really believed it would happen, and made sure to book things that I could cancel without penalty. I finally took the steps today to nail down some of our intra-Europe flights. It's making it more real. Now I'm getting excited. We love to travel and have been to Europe before, but without kids. Just can't wait to share with them some of the things we love most!
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:46 PM

Good for you! Let us know if you need any help.
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, I've already gotten so much information from the wonderful people who post to this forum willing to share their knowledge and insights. And I'm hooked - which is why I'm up at the wee hours doing this. I love this forum because it is clear that the people on it understand the love of travel - like we do - in particular the expenditure of time and money (at whatever level) to have life broadening experiences. Not everyone shares this love and sometimes it is like a respite to get away from naysayers who say how can you just put things on hold for a while.
Old May 10th, 2006, 11:10 PM

<<Fed. judges granted our leave >>

Isn't life sweet

Geordie
Old May 11th, 2006, 12:40 AM

Congratulations! I've had the opposite experience where a judge just wanted to make my life difficult because he could. I know what a weight off your mind it will be, so now you can relax and enjoy yourselves. Hope you all have a fabulous time!
Old May 11th, 2006, 03:44 AM
Original Poster

Venetian30: Have had your experience also. In fact, just one more brief (11th Cir.) between us and the airplane!
Old May 11th, 2006, 03:54 AM

Have you thought of including a little language training as part of your holiday? For example, if your kids are studying (or will soon be studying) Spanish, why not spend a week or two in Spain and take Spanish lessons together with your own tutor or at a language school. I've taken a number of language vacations in the past, and I find it a great way to get more connected to the place I'm visiting and to meet people.