Search

Dear Doggie

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Doggie

Is it nearly time to gather around the camp fire? I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms.

I'm sure we could all do with a little story to settle us down after the horrible times lately. As well as the larger problems of the world, we've had a bad week with Dan (my better half) suffering from a "hit and hop" attack while on his motorbike. He's rather battered and bruised, the roo in fine but left the scene with out rendering assistance! He can do with a little light reading (Dan that is) to keep him going while he sits around.

Mary
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 12:50 AM

Ahhh, Mary I wish. Dog is written out. I need another trip.

I've been putting the existing pieces thru many drafts. It's done now. I need a break. I'm deep in planning the next journey, just waiting for the spark that lights the camp-fire once again.

You'll have to sing 'ging gang goolie goolie watcha' to Dan without me this time. Who knows where I'll end up next.
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 01:21 AM

D-you could always share with us the nitty gritty of your "planning". How do you choose locations, hotels and the like? What are your hopes and aspirations? How do you draw the various "Jimmys" into the Doggie web? Your adoring audience wants to know.
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Original Poster

Your forgiven Dog - just get that planning done so we can have some more when you come home. I quite like Gpanda's idea - although I suspect several more bottles of wine and a pin will feature highly in the planning and would you dare tell where you're going anyway!!

I'll wait patiently for Kathmandu one day. In the meantime - "ging gang goolie goolie watcha" etc and keep safe where ever "next" is.
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 02:46 AM

Well that's a very interesting idea gpanda. A reflection on the Art of Dogster travel. It'd be like 'The Encyclopedia of Australian Culture' - very slim.

But, as I've managed to puff up my last travels to about 100,000 words I'm sure I'd be able to amplify Dogster's Stumblebum Tours into a brief entertainment.

There are rules. Quite a lot of them. I'm not sure that anybody in their right mind would want to follow them, tho'. You've seen some of the adventures these attitudes can lead to. Only a foolish puppy would follow.

I will reflect upon this. After all, Mary's beau had been attacked by a kangaroo! Now, you don't hear about that very often...

Old Dec 6th, 2008, 03:14 AM

Dear Dogster,
I need a chance to live vicariously while you plan your next stumble.

Am back in NYC suffering from whatever I aquired in Siem Reap plus the fact that I am really much happier traveling. Unpacking is just too much of a hassle, never mind all the other details that awaits at home.

Please entertain us and let us wish we were coming along on this one.
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 03:40 AM

<i>Ars Dogsteria</i>, or <i>Ars Dogsteria</i> if using the antipodean vernacular.
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 03:41 AM

jfc, that was supposed to be &quot;<i>Ars Dogsteria</i>, or <i>Arse Dogsteria</i> if using the antipodean vernacular.&quot;
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Original Poster

Actually Dogster - he seems to attract them - this is the second time - admittedly the last was about 4 years ago. He stopped and the roo - presumably a different - one swerved to hit him! Definitely something about the roads around us - not a lot of wheeled traffic but the ones with feet are pretty dangerous. It probably is safer riding in Nepal so maybe we will go yet.

Now Gpanda didn't actually say that anyone would follow Stumblebum Tours planning guidelines just that it would be interesting to get some sort of insight into how it happens! I feel sure it involves pins somewhere.
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 05:04 AM

Exactly. We will probably NOT follow the guidelines. We WILL read them assiduously. Think of it like cheese. Cheddar is common, but the really stinky ones are much more interesting.
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 10:19 AM

Stumblebum Tours...and all of the Bongos will be handpicked by Dogster! Where do we sign up???

Anyhow, hi Dogster, hope you are doing ok in bright and sunny Melbourne!

Please let us know when you are on the move again and ready to write for us.