Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

If given a choice, which hotel in Prague would you like to spend a week?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you were told that you could stay at any hotel in Prague that you wished, where and why would you stay there? I am asking the question because I am having difficulty deciding which hotel would be best for me. I thought I knew where I wanted to stay, but then I was told that the hotel of my choice might not be properly located. I am very much interested in safety, a few good restaurants in the area and accessibility to Old Town, etc. Your input would be a great help to me in making my decision. Once this decision is made, then I can finally start fine-tuning my trip. I have checked all of the hotel sites, and I am more confused than before. Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 03:15 PM

My dream hotel in Prague is the one I was fortunate to stay in last March, the Four Seasons. Less than 5 minute walk from the Charles Bridge, less than 10 minutes to Old Town. Beautiful modern hotel built into a grouping of historic buildings.
All imaginable services on the premises.
Outstanding restaurant on the premises, Allegro, which is a world-class dining experience--we dined there twice.

All of that said, if the above doesn't meet your budget (it usually doesn't meet mine), there are plenty of nice and well-located hotels in Prague. I'm going back this April and staying at the hotel Adria (my friend made the arrangements). If you 'd like comments on that one, look at tripadvisor.com
Other well-thought-of hotels include the
Cerkovta, the Maximilian, the Josef, the Paris, the Seven Days, etc etc
Location is always of utmost important to me.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 03:17 PM

that should be, the Certovka
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 03:50 PM

We were in Prague on Oct 04 and we loved the Hotel 7 Angels. Great location and really beautiful. Ask for the suite, around $100. Staff very nice and it felt totally safe. Just type Hotel 7 Angels. Enjoy! Tracy
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 05:14 PM

Of course the Four Seasons, darling. Are you mad? You must be American.

Why would anyone want to stay in a dump like the 7 Angels? It is a drug den filled with unsavory characters with tattoos, obviously Jon Bon Jovi groupies.

Good evening, sweetie.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 06:43 PM

That's easy -- the Hotel Maximilian in the Josefov area. I have stayed there twice for 7-10 days each time.

I've never stayed in any other one, though, and I'm sure there are others that are just as nice. The Maximilian has everything you want, though.
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 12:19 AM

My husband and I stayed at Pension Vetrnik this year for 5 days and would stay there again tomorrow. Milos and his family will look after you like old friends and it is only a 15 min tram ride into the city. Why spend more on a room when that money can go towards opera,food,day trips and pilsner. We have stayed all around the world and this was excellent.
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 12:59 AM

I usually stay in the Savoy which is up above the Castle complex and ten minutes by tram to downtown. Most people here don't care for it because it is slightly off the beaten path of tourists and it is also expensive. But I love the staff and the restaurant and the workout room and the parking garage and the quiet after a busy day. Whatever rocks your world I guess.
Old Jan 8th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. Christine, I appreciate the info regarding the music fest in May. Still do not know which hotel in Prague, but now I know I have to make my decision now. I am hoping this is the biggest decision of the trip.