Reload this Page >

I GET SO EXCITED !!

Search

I GET SO EXCITED !!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:59 AM
happy

I GET SO EXCITED !!

The trip time is here! I love every aspect of it. I love the planning, the studying of books and maps and message boards. I love the packing of my suitcase and I love the drive to the airport. I love the airport, the hustle, the bustle, the lines, the anticipation of the boarding call. I love boarding the plane and getting settled down in my seat. I am so excited as the plane takes off, and I am like a little kid when the drink cart comes around. We are on our way to Europe again! I am so excited. I love the flight, the movies, the books I read, the friends I make on the plane. I love the landing, the process through passport control and the excitment of the airport we have arrived in. I love getting to my first hotel and getting ready to strike out and see everything I can. God I love travel. I love it so much. I love the people, the sights, the food, the drink, all of it. Without travel life would suck.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 10:03 AM
happy

And it is so great that you feel this way! I also love to travel and get so excited, and I hope I always will.<BR>Have a wonderful and Happy!! time

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 10:04 AM
peter

Sounds like you like it

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:44 PM
Traveler

Travel is indeed wonderful, but life without it would not "Suck".

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 05:26 AM
yes

You're right, Traveler. Thanks for reminding us of that. We tend to get so jammed on our adventures that many of us don't appreciate the day-to-day stuff.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 06:03 AM
jeanne

I, too, get so excited and I do enjoy every little aspect of my trips. But I tend to get almost carried away with the planning, studying, etc. <BR><BR>I'm not going until October and I bet I've already read 50 travel books, I'm on my 3rd set of French tapes, and I read this and other forums 2 or 3 times a day...I read EVERY trip report posted and copy/paste them to my own files. <BR><BR>Once I get to a place, it's almost like I've already been there. That can be good, in that I'll know my way around a lot better. But it almost takes some of the shine off seeing the sites. I hope I don't feel that way in Paris. Anyone else had this "overload" problem?

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 06:07 AM
pj

Happy, you have expressed my feelings exactly!!!! What is one to do without the excitement of travel? My day to day life is a real bore but I can't afford to travel without the job? I truly don't know how I would cope without the thought and planning of an upcoming trip!

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 08:12 AM
s

happy!!<BR><BR>Thanks for sharing the joy, the sheer simple joy of simply traveling. <BR><BR>Once I was sitting on the plane waiting for the push-back for taxi & takeoff, and I tried to nudge my seat backward -- thinking if all the passengers did it at once, maybe we could get the darn thing moving down for takeoff. Yup, excited!!<BR><BR>s