I can't make up my mind!

Oct 8th, 2002, 01:13 PM
mshaw

I can't make up my mind!

We are returning to Italy in June. The last time we were there I loved Florence,Siena, Varenna on Lake Como and the week in Cinque Terre. My dilemma...do I return to some of my favorites or strike out to new horizons. I think we might fly into Venice and stay 3 nights...then possibly the Dolomites??? I will be spending time at a home in Tuscany.. not too far from Florence. So any other places that should not be missed??? Thanks for any and all imput....Maggie

Oct 8th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Amanda

Head south to the Amalfi coast, Sorento, Capri! And definately Venice!

Oct 8th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Rex

Sounds like you know you ought to try new, but need encouragement to not repeat what you already liked so much.

Go for new. You will find so much new to love.

Best wishes,

Rex

Oct 8th, 2002, 02:31 PM
mshaw

Thanks....good advice! Has anybody spent time in the Dolomites? Maggie

Oct 8th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Rex

Look here for posts from Bob the Navigator, searching "Dolomites".

He loves that part of Northern Italy, and is very knowledgeable about traveling there.

I have been to Bassano del Grappa and to Trento (neither is "exactly" in the Dolomites, but in the "uphill" country, north of Verona) - - and loved both.

Oct 8th, 2002, 04:59 PM
up

topping

Oct 10th, 2002, 10:48 AM
rudy

We visited Italy for the first time last year. Our first stop was in Bellagio on Lake Como. We found ourselves saying this was the best, and we would definately return. About a week later, I discovered the Amalphi Coast.. and guess what! This was my favorite! I suggest that you check out the southern part of Italy. You may surprise yourself! I'm sure when I return to Italy, I may have another favorite! Italy has so many wonderful places to see, why not enjoy another new experience!

Oct 11th, 2002, 09:58 AM
mshaw

Thanks for the advice! We will expand our horizons on this trip!!!! We are thinking of adding an additional week to see the Amalfi Coast....Thanks for the pep talk....Maggie