Cabaret shows in Paris

Oct 8th, 2002, 07:12 AM
KR

Cabaret shows in Paris

Hi, Can anyone tell me if the cabaret show at the Lido is worth the money? Or are other cabaret shows better? Thanks.

Oct 8th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Sandra

This year I saw my first cabaret show at the Moulin Rouge--it was a fantastic, flamboyant colorful show. The only thing was that it was, as is to be expected, a bit too touristey. There must not have been a single French citizen in the audience the day I went! Then again, I was a tourist myself, so all the other tourists were probably looking at me going..."there are too many tourists here." But the show itself was grand. I don't know if the Lido would be any different.

Oct 11th, 2002, 06:46 AM
KR

Thanks for your help anyway.

Oct 11th, 2002, 07:20 AM
CO

We stopped in the Lido while walking up the Champs Elysee and bought tickets for that evenings show on the spur of the moment. They have videos playing clips from the shows, maybe the Moulin Rouge does too, then you can decide which looks more fun. We thought it was fabulous: there were fountains, ice skating, etc all on the stage. OK, it's touristy, but still a lot of fun as we've never done that kind of thing before. I have heard it is better than the Moulin Rouge, but not having been to both I can't confirm that.
We sat at one of the smaller tables, set for four near the back, and lucked out because when I warned the other couple that my husband smokes, they moved somewhere else, so we managed to have the whole thing to ourselves until the show started. Then we had to share with people.
There are tiny tables for 2, but I don't know how to you get one. Tip? Then there are the larger group tables right at the front, but they don't block your view as they descend when the show starts. The show is very topless of course, but after a while you don't even notice!
Have fun with whereever you choose.

Oct 11th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Kimberley

I, also, have done only Moulin Rouge and I agree with the above poster. However, a friend of mine is from Paris and has been to all the different cabarets, and she swears the Lido is the best one hands-down.

Oct 11th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Vince

Sorry to intrude, but are the Paris cabarets any different from the topless Las Vegas shows (Jubilee, etc.)?

Oct 11th, 2002, 10:22 AM
andy

How about the "Crazy Horse"? Also touristy but my wife and I enjoyed it?