How to Start - Planning Honeymoon in Spain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be travelling from Toronto for my honeymoon around the 23rd of March 2004 for one week. I would love any advice on the best way to make the most of our short time there. I'm thinking Madrid and area but am very open to suggestions.

Thank you,
Jennifer
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 09:41 AM

Sevilla is much more "romantic..." Madrid, in my opinion, has an almost NYC-feel to it - it's big and modern. There is, of course, a wealth of historical information, but for your honeymoon, you might want something less "big." My suggestion is to go to Sevilla and spend a few nights there, rent a car, and drive to Ronda and the surrounding "white towns." Stay at the Parador in Ronda, in one of the rooms facing the gorge. If you click on my name, I've given this same advice to others, in more detail, on other threads.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 10:10 AM

We spent 3 of the most romantic days we've ever had in RONDA at the Hotel San Gabriel. The staff is delightful and incredibly helpful. Although it doesn't have much in the way of views, it's much more romantic and considerably less expensive than the parador, and everything is within walking distance. We had the "junior suite" (only 92E) -- I think it was room 15. Also had two fabulous dinners in town -- My only caution is that the breakfast isn't worth the extra 5.5 -- you can do much better in town, a short walk away.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 11:31 AM

Not to be argumentative, but the Parador was only 115E/night for a two floor suite with sitting room, cable, whirlpool tub, and overlooking the gorge. I think it's worth the extra 20 or so for the view! There's a great restaurant on the top floor, too.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 11:51 AM

If you go to this website, the fourth picture in the photo album shows just the first floor of the room in which I stayed. The "fourth wall" that is the perspective of the picture is all windows, directly on the gorge. Upstairs is the same. It's just beautiful!!!!http://www.parador.es/english/paradores/album.jsp
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 02:31 PM

Perhaps the difference is that we were their during Holy Week. The parador was considerably more than ceb122 paid, and was fully booked four months in advance. If you can't get a room there, the San Gabriel jr. suite would still be a wonderful choice.