Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

How to get from Rome hotel (Piazza Spagna) to airport?

Jun 28th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Hi,

currently sitting in my hotel in Rome and am trying to figure out how to get to the airport. (da Vinci).

Talked to a cabbie who quoted forty euros. Can anyone recommend specific companies or vans that would get us to the airport? Not looking to take the subway

we are basically renting am apartment so we don't have a consierge to talk to
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:02 AM

There are frequent trains from Rome's Stazione Termini to Fiumicino (da Vinci) airport. Cost 11 euros.

For general tourism questions, you can consult a tourist information office. Here's a list: www.romeby.com/tourist/tour2.htm. They might be able to help you with shuttles or vans.
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:16 AM

I used http://www.limoservicerome.com/ for transport twice in June, 2010.

They were there at airport ahead of time, waited with me while the other member in my party arrived and safely drove us to hotel in centro storico in a Mercedes car.

Also used this service from Rome hotel to FCO. Again, Mercedes car.

45 euros each way + tip.

Email and confirmation notices from this company was prompt and courteous.
I found this link to this service here thanks to bobthenavigator.

Hope this helps.
Jun 28th, 2010, 07:18 AM

The official fixed taxi fare between central Rome and FCO is now 45E. If your party is three or four, this would be about the same as or cheaper than the express train from Termini, considering train fares plus the taxi from Spagna to Termini. More convenient too. Even for two, the train cost would be about 30, so an extra 15 for convenience might be worth it to you.
Private car services offer similar fares. Search on this forum for Fodorites' favorites, using Rome, limo, and airport as your search terms
Jun 28th, 2010, 10:13 AM

Taxis are set fee of 40€ (4 people includes luggage). Most limo shuttles will charge that or more. There is a shuttle bus from Termini to FCO for 8€ per person, but you would have to get to Termini by taxi if you don't want to subway.
http://www.sitbusshuttle.it/

kayd - Do you have a link to an increase to 45€? The airport website and the Rome Tourist Board still state 40€.
http://www.adr.it/portal/portal/adr/...vo_in_taxi_FCO
Jun 28th, 2010, 10:40 AM

Oops, sorry. The increased taxi fares (from 40 to 45 for FCO and from 30 to 35 for Ciampino) were announced in March, but now that I read it again, I do not see an effective date. They may not have taken effect yet, as far as I can tell from this Italian language newspaper
http://www.ilmessaggero.it/articolo....&sez=HOME_ROMA
Jun 28th, 2010, 11:09 AM

Used Bob's Limo four times in May. To and from airport aand to and from Citavecchia for a cruise.

What a great thing is to be met and transported in an air conditioned Mercedes with a competent driver!
Jun 28th, 2010, 02:54 PM

kayd - The article says the city council had approved the idea, but it needed to be examined by "the competent committees and then submitted for final vote of the House Julius Caesar". I'm sure it will happen soon since the Leonardo Express has already increased this year. It also said there would be a set fee to Civitavecchia of 120€.