“How to Become Parisian in One Hour”

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attending this show was one of the highlights of our recent trip! Olivier Giraud could not be more charming or hilarious! The show was non-stop laughs. Note that he pokes just as much fun of the Americans as the French...

The show has been extended (again) until the end of the year. 2-for-1 tickets are available on the theater's website.

http://globespotters.blogs.nytimes.c...hrough-comedy/
Old Sep 30th, 2009, 05:46 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
After reading your comment about this show on another thread, I am putting it on my agenda for my trip to Paris in November. Sounds great.
Old Sep 30th, 2009, 07:59 AM

Nikki, I think it ends today. If I'm wrong (my French is, at best, poor), please let me know as I'll be there next week.
Old Sep 30th, 2009, 08:03 AM

Dates are available through December 16. You can buy tickets here:

http://www.billetreduc.com/30709/evtdate.htm?date=1
Old Nov 10th, 2009, 11:12 PM

I'm topping this because I went to see this show last night and really enjoyed it. It has now been extended through June, playing every Tuesday and Wednesday evening. The theater was full (it holds about 200 people).

Clearly this show is filling a need for good local entertainment for those who do not speak French in Paris. The comic says his show is drawing more than any other comedy act in the city on a Tuesday night. Originally he planned it as a one night show but it has been extremely successful.

About half the audience was French and the other half English speaking tourists.

Price was 10 euros. This is a special half price rate available through the billetreduc website I posted above. However, the procedure through the website is fairly complicated, involving first making a reservation and then having to confirm it in one of two ways, neither of which worked for me from the US. If you have trouble too, you can do what I did, which was to call a phone number I got from the theater that connects you to a person who takes reservations for this show (she speaks English): 06 98 57 45 98. (If calling from the US, add 011 33 in front of the number and eliminate the zero before the six.)

One caveat: there was a ten year old kid in the audience. The comic noticed him right at the end of the show. There had been some fairly off color humor and the comic said he hoped the kid didn't understand it all. Personally, I would leave the ten year old at home.
Old Nov 11th, 2009, 12:24 AM

Shhhot, why didn't I see this post before I went to Paris.
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 12:55 AM

Went to see this last night, very funny. Worth trying to see it if you can.

It will be running until December this year. They still have the complicated booking system.....
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 01:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I will point out that spectators are helping to finance the political activities of Dieudonné M'Bala M'Bala who owns the theatre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieudon...ala_M'bala
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 01:31 AM

wow, I did not know that! I do not believe Olivier Giraud has anything to do that though. He explains at the end of the show how difficult it was to find a theatre that would actually allow him to perform a 1 man show in English in Paris.