How long in Bruge & Troyes?

Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

How long in Bruge & Troyes?

We are considering side trips to Bruge, Belgium and to Troyes, France for the architecture and to soak up some atmosphere. We are looking at three nights in each as we can't walk all day and need to browse slowly. Is this too long in either?
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:06 AM

We had 3 days in Brugge which I thought was just about long enough. It's a lovely place.
Can't help on Troyes sorry!
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:13 AM

Hi louUS,

3 days in Brugge seems about right.

We stoped in Troyes for a night once on the way back from skiing. one or two nights would be enough, IMO.
not sure what else there is in the area.

regards, ann
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:31 AM
DDA

I would spend the 3 days in Bruge. We found it lovely, and a bit of an unknown treasure( at least for us) when we visited. We spent 1 night in Troyes. That was enough--did not particularly care for it. I might add the extra 2 days to somewhere else on your trip.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:37 AM

A full day in Troyes is probably sufficient. If you go, do not miss the museum of 19th century tools.
Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:48 AM

I agree with the others. This year we spent 2 nights and 1 1/2 active days in Brugge. We did not visit any museums, so 3 nights would be fine.

Last year we visited Troyes for 1 night - perhaps 3/4 of an active day.

Loved both places.

Stu Dudley
Nov 2nd, 2007, 01:14 PM

Hi
Two possibly 3 nights is sufficient in Brugge. we spent one night in Troyes years ago, it was sufficient too. In Troyes, by the way is the old synogoge of Raschi, a famous Rabbi who lived there.
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your help and tips. We have settled on the three nights in Brugge and know we'll love it there no matter how long we stay. We now have three nights allotted in Troyes. We'll probably use one day for browsing in little shops and one day for casual sightseeing and museums. Most of the other day will be spent on the trains getting there so it should work out fine. I appreciate the experiences as it's our first trip to Europe and it's all new to us.