Zanzibar

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zanzibar

I only have about 3 days to spend at Zanzibar. Would that be enough time to see the island?
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 07:52 AM

We ran into a couple that was spending two weeks on Zanzibar, traveling from one village to the next, so I guess three days isn't enough.

With that said, three days is enough for a tiny taste of Stone Town and a couple of days at the beach somewhere. I wish we had found a good guide to Stone Town; I would have been most interested in a walking tour that emphasized the history of the city.

Three days is better than nothing. It's up to you to choose what you'd like to see and do there. I'm sure others on this board will have more suggestions.
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 12:54 PM

You can certainly get a taste of the Zanzibar in three days if you combine the stone town with a tour through the country to a spice plantation or a night at the beach.

WE spent two nights in town and three at the beach and it was plenty for me. I highly recommend Emerson and Green for a very evocative and romantic stay.
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 03:46 AM

I just got back from Zanzibar 2 days ago. My husband and I spent a total of 3 nights there (1 in Stonetown and 2 at the beach), and for us, it was enough. We would have gladly stayed on longer, but I definitely didn't feel rushed.
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 06:50 AM
aby

Hi kwankew

if u wanna c the Island:
take a motorbike / car & go adventuring - u can cover a lot in 3 days. It depends where u stay...
i suggest short stops at beaches u like (wanted to c the Island in 3 days, yeah?)

Southwards:
# Jozani Forest. tip: the endemic & charming red colobus monkeys will b usually out of the forest on the Indian Almond trees around
# Mangroves: Pete-Jozani Mangrove BoardWalk (management of boardwalk involves also the people of Pete & Jozani villages!)
# Kizimkazi: take a boat for dolphin watch - even if u won't see the Dolphs
the changing colour of the water, on the boat ride, is soooo beautiful !!!

northwards
all the way to Nungwi
stop wherever u feel like, see the villages, fish markets, beaches

Stone Town: best stay at least a night there and wander around the alleys.
search for the old beautifully carved doors Wazungu have not yet bought & flown home ...
Spice farm can b done quickly same day

Enjoy

aby
PS if u need a beach resort - north eastern coast