Location of Rome train stations ?

Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

Location of Rome train stations ?

Can anyone tell me precisely where the Rome Ostiense and Trastavere train stations are located, and which would be closer to the P. Navona area? Any help appreciated.
Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:50 AM

Are you looking for the closest station or just want locations? S. Pietro might be the closest. Enter Rome Italy on the map portion of www.mappy.com. You will have to zoom in one level after the map loads and move the map to various areas. The train stations appear as little trains and you can mouse over them to see the name of each. Trastevere and Ostiense are essentially across the river from each other, but not as close to P. Navona as S. Pietro.

If you mouse over the other symbols on the map, you will locate P. Navone and other tourist sites.

Nov 3rd, 2007, 07:53 AM
J62

Maybe you can provide more insight as to the purpose of your question. In other threads you mention traveling from Rome to Florence, etc by Eurostar.

Those trains only depart from Rome Termini. The other stations in Rome are used for regional trains in various directions.

From Termini to P. Navona area is about 10min taxi, or 20min by bus.
Nov 3rd, 2007, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your quick responses. I've never used the Mappy site before now - that is a great site! Very helpful. And San Pietro it is, from P. Navona.

The question was asked because I am working different itineraries for a trip in March. I am considering going to Viterbo for an overnight, but travel on a Sunday from Termini involves a change in either Orte or some other place, and the desired time meant a 5 minute window to change trains, which is too close for my comfort level if the train departing Termini is late. With one scenario, if I miss the connection, the next train isn't until 8 hours later. But NOW I see that I can go from San Pietro, with no changes at all.

Thanks very much for your help.
Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:04 AM

Will you have the Roma & Piu Pass? I think this train might be covered on the pass. This pass covers 3 days of transportation and 2 museums. If you were to buy it at the airport, use it for the Leonardo Express (11E, Coliseum/Palantine (9E)and one other museum (5-9E),the train to Viterbo (5-10E?), then you will have your money's worth. It would depend on the day you wanted to go to Viterbo. Alternatively, if it's near then end of your stay, you could time the purchase to use it for last day to the airport.
Nov 3rd, 2007, 09:06 AM

I forgot to put the price! 25E for the Roma & Piu Pass - 3 days. 20E for the Roma Pass (doesn't include Leonardo Express) also 3 days.

http://www.pierreci.it/do/show/article/01279

http://www.romapass.it/english/cosa.html
Nov 3rd, 2007, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Oh, my - that Roma & Piu Pass looks wonderful - what a deal! It says to buy it in the arrivals terminal at Fiumicino - is there an information desk there where it can be bought?

One more Q - on the Trenitalia site, what does Tratta Urbana Non-FS mean? Bus?
Nov 3rd, 2007, 12:53 PM

This link will explain the Viterbo trains.
http://www.metroroma.it/MetroRoma/HT...omaViterbo.htm

The Roma Pass can be purchased at the tourist info in international arrivals.

On Mappy.com you can click on pedestrian to get walking routes if you need them (P. Navona to S. Pietro).
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Well, the metroroma site completely lost me. And I couldn't get walking directions to S. Pietro because the map said it couldn't find it even though it gave me the option to click on S. Pietro Stazzione. I'll either figure it out when I get there, or take a cab. Or go to Spoleto. Thanks for all your help.