Hotels St Germain

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Stan

Hotels St Germain

Looking for a hotel in the St Germain area of Paris. Good value and location important. Has anyone stayed at the Madison
ot Hotel Des Saint Peres?

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 12:08 PM
Emily

Many have. See previous posts. I was going to stay at St. Peres but didn't care for their lack of customer service. Had to beg for a confirmation so figured why bother and cancelled. Hotel itself is nice I hear.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:27 PM
Sherri

Hi Stan;
I stayed at the le Madison a couple of years ago it's a nice 3 star with a nice large lobby bar and sitting area.My room was above average( for Paris ) good bathroom lots of towels etc. room service for breakfast if you want it.The rooms are nicely decorated and clean .The hotel is on Blvd Saint Germain so if you're worried about noise you might want to request a room that does not face the street.I liked this hotel alot I got good service and would stay here again.
One thing to mention I was in a superior room which could make a big difference in my experience.
Good luck...Viva la FRance
to the top

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Sherri

Stan this is a post script to my previous message for value you might want to check into the hotel Verneuil the rooms are small; but if you up grade to a large room it could be worth looking into.It's not on the same par as the Madison; but a great location.While the rooms are small they are very lovely with nice bathrooms; and the service is excellent. Do a search on Google under Paris hotels in the 6th arrindossenent.
Good luck..Sherri

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Becky

Stan;
I think the hotel Relais Saint Sulpice was mentioned in a previous thread; just wanted you to know I stayed there last spring and really think you can not go wrong there: location ; price; service; room size and decor.It was a great vaue in an expensive city.
REB
to the top for Stan

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 07:14 AM
truet

We stayed at the Relais St. Sulpice in June. The location was quiet and within walking distance to the metro, shopping and restaurants. We loved it and when we return to Paris plan on staying there again.