Hotels - Paros and Naxos

Old Jul 12th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels - Paros and Naxos

We are looking for nice places to stay on Paros on Naxos. The Naxos Royal seems to be a reasonable choice for Naxos with its promixity to the port, tavernas, etc. We are having a much harder time with Paros.
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 03:37 PM

I recommend Hotel Kalypso http://www.kalypso.gr/ in Naoussa, Paros. The setting is great. Get a room with a balcony looking over the sea. George, the owner is very friendly and helpful. It is right on the beach, which many guidebooks tend to downplay, but we really enjoyed it. There is a sandy beach, the water is that gorgeous aqua, there are some waves and it is shallow for quite a ways out. Most importantly the hotel sits as close to the beach as you can get. You can eat breakfast, lunch and have drinks anytime of the day or night either on the patio or at tables under Australian pine trees right at the beach's edge. The rooms are simple, but quite adequate. We were there for 4 days at the beginning of this month with two sets of friends and when we all had to leave for Athens we wanted to stay for weeks. It is an easy 10 minute walk into Naoussa to dinner at the many restaurants on the harbour and there is great shopping in Naoussa. We far preferred it to Parkia. Hope this helps.
Old Jul 13th, 2007, 06:38 AM

have you tried Stelia Mare Boutique hotel in Paros? It's very close to Naoussa.
Old Jul 13th, 2007, 09:01 AM

I had a very nice room in early June for only 20 euro on Paros at Alexandra's Rooms. I could even sit out and watch the sunset, although that's not possible from every room. You can walk there from the ferry port. Turn left when you get to the street, walk along the water for about 300 meters. Alexandra's is next to the Hotel Paros set back off the street behind a small tourist shop.

http://76.162.2.152/alexandrarooms/index_en.htm
Old Jul 13th, 2007, 09:30 AM

Stelia Mare Boutique Hotel is across the street from Hotel Kalypso. The owner is the brother of the owner of Kalypso. Stelia Mare is more upscale and has a pool. However, it has no sea views and isn't directly on the sea, as is Kalypso. We found the setting at Kalypso to be magical.
Old Jul 13th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. Any suggestions for Naxos?
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 12:06 AM

Last month I stayed in a hotel next to Naxos Royal, which looked very luxurious. If, as I suspect, you are looking for something upscale, then that would be a good choice. For something more modest, recommend http://www.argo-hotel.com/. The latter is a clean, well furnished hotel run by a Swedish-Greek couple who go out of their way to be helpful.
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Yes, looking for something upscale. Do you recall the name of the hotel? Is the Naxos Royal a reasonable choice?
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 06:01 AM

Yes, I was referring to the Naxos Royal. I didn't go inside the hotel, but from what I saw it looked very nice. You can see for yourself on this website: http://www.greekhotel.com/cyclades/n...royal/home.htm
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 10:03 PM

Most of the hotels on Naxos are somewhat modest and truly upscale hotels are a bit scarce. In the St George Beach area the most upscale hotels are Port Naxos, Galaxy and Naxos Royal. We have toured all three ( although we have not stayed at any of them as they are out of our budget range ) In my opinion Naxos Royal would be the best. It is newer, has lovely gardens and is only about 30 meters from the beach. Although few units have an ocean view, the pool area does have a view. The lobby area is beautifully appointed.
Porto Naxos is about 500 meters from the beach and is on a busy road, while Galaxy is about 200 meters from the beach.
If you want upscale then I think you have made a good choice.

To see our pictures of Naxos you can go to;
http://travel.webshots.com/album/552001505EYxVYT

Old Jul 15th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all. This is a wonderful place for information.