Hotels not mentioned on Mykonos

Feb 11th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Original Poster
Hotels not mentioned on Mykonos

We are planning a trip to Greece in July and the hotels that I have heard about outside this message board do not seem to be mentioned here. Does anyone that is familiar with Mykonos know about either the Santa Maria hotel or the Royal Myconian? Also, if Katikies is not available in Santorini, what else would be great. Looking for really special "high-end" places.

Here's another question? Where would you start your trip and where would you end it?After reading many many posts I would like to thank the repeat posters for providing invaluable information on Greek Island travel. I didn't know about Aegean air or the high speed catamaran to Santorini. I am also now thinking of adding Crete since so many posters had wonderful things to say.

Feb 12th, 2006, 03:30 AM
PERIVOLAS in Mykonos would certainly qualify as a "very special high-end place", with prices to match!
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Original Poster
oh yes, just checked prices. Very costly, and I don't know if its worth it. So looking for one notch lower in cost, maybe between 250 - 300 Euros per night
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:25 PM
We stayed at the Santa Marina in Mykonos. It is a Starwood property, so we stayed there free on points. The property was beautiful, but the service was awful. Most of the employees were downright rude. We ended up (after a big fuss) in a really nice room with a view, and we walked down to Ornos for dinner everynight. We had a great time despite several frustrating experiences there. I really can't recommend it enthusiastically.

On the other hand, we stayed at the Vedema (another Starwood property) on Santorini. It was HEAVEN! The staff is there is unbelievably friendly and thoughtful. Our accomodations were gorgeous. There is no caldera view, but they have free shuttles to the port, to Fira, and to a black sand beach. It is truly a very special, relaxing, beautiful place.

Have fun!
Feb 16th, 2006, 10:48 PM
We stayed at the Royal Mykonian last June. The rooms are very large and more like individual cottages with gorgeous views. Wonderful breakfast. Over all really nice amenities. Excellent shuttle service to the village and returns until 1 am. Also a private beach as well as two large swimming pools. Loved it!

On Santorini, in Fira, we stayed at a then brand new (open 1 month) hotel, the Majestic, just a 15 min. walk into town. Every room has a grand view of either the caldera or the Aegean. Very high tech design with lots of luxury amenities. The staff were so nice-very hepful with some of the "kinks" of newness. I'm sure they are all worked out by now.

Search this Thread