Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in Greece

Search

Honeymoon in Greece

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 07:57 AM
LCH

Honeymoon in Greece

I am planning our honeymoon in the Greek Islands. I have only been to Corfu. And we are thinking about narrowing our trip to just the Cyclades. We don't want to do a lot of jumping around in terms of where we stay...we were thinking about maybe two different spots...any recommendations for islands or hotels?

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 10:56 AM
up

up for LCH<BR>

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Tricia

I'm sorry no one has answered you about your honeymoon. I will be hitting 3 or 4 islands in cyclades in the next 4 weeks and I can let you know what I think when I return. I have already been to Santorini and have stayed at the Veggera which is very nice on the beach in Perissia but most people seem to want to stay in Oia or Fira on the caldera. Are you looking for beaches or nightlife or peace that would help people to make better suggestions.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 08:35 PM
George

We had a wonderful time in Paros and Santorini in early June, and I would highly recommend both islands. In developing our itintery, I wanted to be sure to include Santorini because of its spectacular cliff side view. I chose Paros as the second island because it was a relatively short (2 1/2 hour) ferry boat ride away.<BR><BR>In Santorini, we stayed at the new Blue Sea Suites hotel in the main city of Thira. It is very clean with spacious rooms, the staff was very friendly, and it has a terrific swimming pool. It overlooks the eastern sea (which is not as dramatic as the western cliff views), but it was very peaceful and private. The room prices were also very reasonable (about $75 per night for 4 nights, as I recall). It was about 1/2 mile from the center of town, which was no problem since we rented a car for our stay. (If you go to Santorini, be sure to include a visit to the Ammoudi waterfront below the village of Oia; there are 3 or 4 cozy fish tavernas; we had a very pleasant meal at the restaurant Kyma).<BR><BR>In Paros, we stayed in a simple and quaint family run hotel, the Hotel Appollon in Parikia. The family was very friendly, and the hotel is in convenient walking distance to all parts of town. The rooms are small, but very clean and well kept. (Request a room overlooking its interior courtyard, with bougenvilla and other flowers in bloom). The rates in early June were very reasonable (about $50 per night for 3 nights). Although I would stay there again, the location is not as spectacular as some other places on the island. One place that we found very enchanting was the village of Lefkes, an immaculate town nestled in the central mountains with a commanding view of the sea. There were two or three very nice hotels with swimming pools with wonderful views (we had breakfast at one, but I can't recall the name). From Lefkes, it is an easy drive to the nicest beach on Paros, Golden Beach (Chrysi Akti), and a short drive in the other direction to the main town of Parikia).

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Dee

For Santorini, I highly recommend the Iliovasilema Apartments, in Imerovigli. RIGHT on the caldera, you have a wonderful, UNOBSTRUCTED view of the sunset...it's so magnificent that you cannot tell where the sky ends and the water begins. Fira is great to go out at night and walk into during the day...but I think Imerovigli is the area you want to be in. Also, I've heard great things about Astra Apartments,located right by Iliovasilema.<BR><BR>Good luck...d

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 02:13 AM
irini

Santorini is the best destination for a honeymoon trip but PLEASE avoid going in July- August. You can find a big variety of accomondation and the price most of the times is very high. Choose a hotel by the caldera and not in Fira- the main town- you will not have any privacy there. For me avoid Imerovigli also it is too far away to go to the best beaches of the island.My suggestion is to visit Studio Artemis in Megalochori. Very clean, quiet,with a perfect pool and the most beautiful view of the island. The personel and the owners are very helpful and very friendly and it is 4,5km from Fira- you must visit the main town- and only 2-3km from all the best beaches of the island. The prices are very good and it is really built on the caldera- many hotels say that they are on the caldera but when you go there you must cross a street or climp somewhere in order to see the cliff. The sunset is perfect because it set right in frond of you and not on the side like in Imerovigli.<BR>Visit www.artemistudio.com or www.calderasight.gr and see what I mean.<BR>I know for sure that many couples are having their wedding there and book the whole building- it has 17 rooms and apartments- and the onwers help them also to organise it!<BR>Whatever you might decide, Santorini is the best destination. It has a spirit of its' own that you will not find anywhere else. It is so romantic that if a couple is not really in love breaks up and if they are they get more in love than ever. I've seen it happening many times.<BR>

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 02:16 AM
irini

Santorini is the best destination for a honeymoon trip but PLEASE avoid going in July- August. You can find a big variety of accomondation and the price most of the times is very high. Choose a hotel by the caldera and not in Fira- the main town- you will not have any privacy there. For me avoid Imerovigli also it is too far away to go to the best beaches of the island.My suggestion is to visit Studio Artemis in Megalochori. Very clean, quiet,with a perfect pool and the most beautiful view of the island. The personel and the owners are very helpful and very friendly and it is 4,5km from Fira- you must visit the main town- and only 2-3km from all the best beaches of the island. The prices are very good and it is really built on the caldera- many hotels say that they are on the caldera but when you go there you must cross a street or climp somewhere in order to see the cliff. The sunset is perfect because it set right in frond of you and not on the side like in Imerovigli.<BR>Visit www.artemistudio.com or www.calderasight.gr and see what I mean.<BR>I know for sure that many couples are having their wedding there and book the whole building- it has 17 rooms and apartments- and the onwers help them also to organise it!<BR>Whatever you might decide, Santorini is the best destination. It has a spirit of its' own that you will not find anywhere else. It is so romantic that if a couple is not really in love breaks up and if they are they get more in love than ever. I've seen it happening many times.<BR>

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 03:46 AM
angel

If you want to visit only 2 islands and it will be your first visit to Cyclades then i suggest definitely Santorini & Mykonos!! Santorini for the amazing view and the relaxation over the caldera and Mykonos for the cuttest Chora (town) and the lovely beaches!! But don't go late July and August! Too crowded!! There are lots of other choices of course but i think that these two are a 'must'!!