Hotels Near Kirchberg, Germany

Old May 31st, 2004, 08:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels Near Kirchberg, Germany

My aunt, cousin, and I will be in Germany in early August and one of our stops will be our maternal ancestors' village of Kirchberg (in Saxony, near Zwickau). It's been difficult to find info on lodging though. Does anyone know of a decent hotel in the area? Thanks.
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 04:39 AM

Cellophane- If you go to "viamichelin.com" and type in "Kirchberg" and click on "Kirchberg-Saxony" you will get a map of the area. You can then click on "Hotels" and get a listing of hotels in the area. Though there are none listed in Kirchberg itself there are several listed within 10 miles. Two of which sound particularly interesting - Schloss Wolfsbrun, and Romantikhotel Jagdhaus Waldidyll, both in Hartenstein some 6 miles from Kirchberg. Have a wonderful trip!
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 06:57 AM

Checked out www.hrs.de for you, which is a large German hotel reservation site, and it seems that Kirchberg is only 10km/6mi from Zwickau, so your best bet is probably to just stay there. HRS lists many hotel in Zwickau (in fact, that what comes up when you input Kirchberg - which is Kirchberg/08056 bei Zwickau).
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your replies. As you suggested, I will investigate hotels in Zwickau. I knew it was close, but didn't realize HOW close.
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 02:40 PM

The Reiterhof (Farm with horses) "Seidel" is at Nebenstraße 8 in Kirchberg. (http://www.mon.de/ch/reiterhof-seidel/home.htm) They have four rooms to let and the price would be hard to beat. Since you are researching your ancestor's village of Kirchberg - you might want to consider staying in the village and getting as close to your "roots" as possible. Their telephone number is 037602/64525 and you can Fax at 037602/18648. This would probably be a nice experience for you but it all depends on your sense of adventure. German farms are wonderful, inexpensive, serve a great breakfast and I usually feel like I just visited some distant country relatives. Ben
(Ben's Bauernhof - www.bensbauernhof.com)