Finding Pet-free Hotels in Bavaria

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are traveling to Germany in August. We have a severe pet allergy. What's the best way to identify pet-free hotels, save checking out each one? Looking to stay in the southern part of Bavaria for a few days. Thanks
Old Jun 13th, 2016, 08:27 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I think you will probably have to contact them individually . . .
Old Jun 13th, 2016, 09:59 PM

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
I am mildly allergic to our DDog, and so understand your concern about finding pet-free lodging. We've been traveling all around Europe with him for the last four years and it is extremely rare to find lodging that is pet-free. Consider renting a holiday home or making reservations at a large, chain hotel if possible as they, especially the latter, often have a no-pet policy. Otherwise, like the previous poster commented, you'll have to contact each hotel individually; it is possible they may have pet-free rooms. (And, expect to see pets in restaurants and stores, as well.)
Old Jun 13th, 2016, 10:06 PM

Hi tuterri,

Alternately, you could check each town's tourist website. At least for Garmisch-Partenkirchen, when you use its site (www.gapa.de) to look for a hotel, it gives you an icon if it is pet-friendly. You would then only have to follow-up with a question at a few hotels to verify that they don't allow pets.

Hope you find some good hotels!

s
Old Jun 13th, 2016, 10:21 PM

How severe is your allergy? Germany is very, very, very dog friendly and as fourfortravel pointed out, expect to see them in restaurants, cafes, Biergartens, shops, etc. Dogs everywhere was one of the things I loved about Germany.
Old Jun 14th, 2016, 11:24 AM

Even places that don't allow pets in general would have to accept guide dogs or assistance dogs, so you'll need to make it very clear to the hotel about your allergic restrictions.
Old Jun 14th, 2016, 12:20 PM

I was going to say what sparkchaser said, dogs are allowed in shops (including department stores) and restaurants in Germany, as well as on public transportation, so keep your eyes open and be prepared to move away from them if your allergy is that severe.