Hotels in Vienna and Salzburg

Aug 13th, 2001, 09:07 AM
Dick

Hotels in Vienna and Salzburg

We will be spending a week in Austria in mid Oct 2001.Does anyone have any info on Hotel Pension Residenz in Vienna and the Auersperg in Salzburg. Any other suggestions.

Thanks

Aug 13th, 2001, 10:21 AM
Gloria

Hello, Dick
We stayed at the Hotel Pension Residenz in Vienna. In my opinion it has the best location in Vienna. The metro and trolley are both just 2 blocks away. You are easily within walking distance of Parliment and the Hofburg complex.
You don't have the noise and unpleasantness of the other areas on the ring, yet, were minutes away from everything.
I think it is a great value for the money. I would certainly recommend it.
You can view one of the rooms online. Our room was not as nicely decorated, but, larger.
Email me if you would like any other information.
The rooms are average, very clean, some better than others. Ours was very large, had a minibar, goodsize bathroom and a sitting area.
The manager/owner Herr Ziegler, is very helpful, the breakfasts are substantial. They provide free internet for the guests which I found very helpful to keep in touch with family and business back home.
Good Luck!
Gloria

Feb 16th, 2003, 01:52 PM
rex

topping for my own reference purposes...
May 8th, 2003, 06:39 AM
rex

For reasons I do not understand, this therad can not be located by an ordinary text search. I can only locate it by clicking on its URL which I referenced on ANOTHER thread - - located by clicking on my own name.
May 25th, 2003, 07:31 AM
rex

An updated re-affirmation to the remarks by Gloria. Excellent location, excellent value. Definitely not the ritz, but I have no complaints about it whatsoever. More details in a trip report (perhaps excerpts of a website, which might make more sense), eventually.

Best wishes,

Rex