Hotels in Venice, Rome and Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 11:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am spending my honeymoon in Italy (last week of Ocober 2003) and need some hotel recomendations. Looking to spend 100 - 200 a night (reasonable?) need the bathroom "ensuite" ( I think that is right? Toliet, shower and sink in the room - no sharing!) And we would like the hotel clean and romantic (he he) and central to all the tourist sites. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 11:55 AM

We stayed at these and would return to any of them in a heartbeat:
Venice - Hotel Flora 3*(www.hotelflora.it)
Florence - Hotel Casci 2*(ww.hotelcasci.com)
Rome - Santa Chiara 3*(www.albergosantachiara.com)
Do a text search on these names, you'll find lots of threads on each of these. Also check in the rants and raves section.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:16 PM

Hey sophieD, congratulations!

For Rome, the Hotel San Carlo, for Venice, Locanda Sturion, and for Florence, the Hotel Aprile.

Best Wishes & Buon Viaggio,
BC
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:21 PM
ira

Hi Sophie,

A text search for "Hotel and xxx", where xxx is city name will give you lots of suggestions.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:22 PM
ira

PS,

ensuite is the correct term.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 06:26 PM

We loved the Hotel Paris in Florence (despite the name!). It's in your price range (we paid about $150 US for a double including breakfast and tax) and it's a lovely historic hotel - from my hotels file:

Most of the rooms have high ceilings and interesting architectural features like frescoes on the ceiling or exposed brick archways (don't know about ALL, but poked my head in several doors and they were all as nice as ours). The furniture was handpainted wood, we liked the decor (huge burgundy taffeta-like drapes pulled back around the windows). The hallways & breakfast room are similarly nice, with spectacular frescoes in the breakfast room.

http://www.florenceby.com/paris/pages/apart.htm

(This site does have a picture of one room that doesn't look very nice - when I booked, I wanted the one with the arch over the bed, but it was booked, and they assured me I'd like the one they chose, and I did - so you may want to specify when you book). Also search around for discounted rates - I can't remember which site, but I found a much better rate than either the hotel itself of florenceby.com was offering.

In Venice, we stayed at Locanda Art Deco, which we liked a lot. It's just off Campo Saint Stefano, just 5 ? 10 minutes to San Marco. Many of the rooms have exposed beams, and the bathrooms are all modern. A great deal for Venice ? good location, good price (about $125 US for a double including breakfast and tax) and charm, too.

http://www.veniceby.com/locandaartdeco/index.html

Congratulations!