Decent Hotels in Rome, Florence, Venice

May 19th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Original Poster

Decent Hotels in Rome, Florence, Venice

Greetings,
I am taking my first trip to Italy in the fall. I am trying to find hotels in Rome, Florence, Venice that suit me. I dont speak much Italian. In addition, here are my requirements:

- Clean
- Safe
- Double occupancy (double bed)
- located reasonably close to historical attractions
- in a good part of town
- private bathroom in the room

My girlfriend and I would like to spend less than $150 per night I think. Recommendations? URLs? Comments? Places you would/would not stay again? I see this topic a lot on here but people never post their requirements so I am not sure if these hotels match what I am looking for. Thanks.
May 19th, 2003, 06:53 PM

I think the Hotel Bellettini (specify the annex, which is in another bldg., but is just around the corner and nicer than main bldg) in Florence fits your requirements. We had a lovely room (in the annex), which was quiet, in a great location, and had a huge marble bathroom. I think you can find it at www.hotelbellettini.com
Run a search on here, too, for additional input from others. Have fun!
May 19th, 2003, 08:59 PM

Florence: www.touristhouseghiberti.com
Venice: www.leonbianco.it

May 19th, 2003, 09:18 PM

Our requirements are basically the same as yours (but I always add "local character/charm if possible"). We were very happy with the Hotel Art Deco in Venice and the Hotel Paris in Florence, which was one of my favorite hotels.

http://www.veniceby.com/locandaartdeco/index.html

http://www.holidaycityeurope.com/paris-florence/

Both meet your requirements, and are also charming! Charming in the nice way (e.g. beams in Venice, frescos and hand-painted furniture in Florence).

Have a great time!
May 20th, 2003, 05:15 AM

In FLorence, Hotel Casci (2*). It's a very warm and friendly place to stay. The website is www.hotelcasci.com.
May 21st, 2003, 11:55 AM

We were in Rome in April & stayed at Residenza Zanardelli, (www.hotelnavona.com) & loved it. 140 euro per night. Located in Piazza Navona, 10 minute walk from Vatican. Great shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Very fun at night in the Piazza. Breakfast included. Double locked doors to get through, rooms on second floor, desk staffed 24 hours. Highly recommend. Bill
May 21st, 2003, 12:18 PM

We traveled to Rome/Florence/Venice this past February with our kids. We needed two rooms in each city and we never paid more than 240 euros per night for the two rooms. We loved our hotels - they were: Hotel Casci in Florence (100 euros per night per room), Hotel Ala in Venice (120 euros per night per room) and Santa Chiara in Rome (sorry, I mispoke, here we did pay 240 euros for a family/suite, I don't recall what the room cost was for regular rooms)I can highly recommend all of these hotels. All were centrally located, clean, private baths, ect. Our rooms at Hotel Ala looked out over a canal - it was lovely. We had a wonderful time. I wish I was going again!
May 21st, 2003, 12:24 PM

In Florence, check out the Dei Mori at www.bnb.it/deimori/. Perfect location and much cheaper than $150 a night with all your requirements. With the euro the way it is, save your money for food and wine!
May 21st, 2003, 01:53 PM

I second the recommendations for the Bellettini in Florence & Residenza Zanardelli in Rome.
Best of luck , you will love Italy
Fluffy
May 21st, 2003, 02:18 PM

VENICE: We were very pleased with the Hotel AL GAMBERO on our trip to Venice in 1999. It is located on the Calle dei Fabbri about midway between the Rialto Bridge and St Marks. The rooms had been recently remodeled as were the bath. It was clean, nice and priced within your budget. We all agreed we would stay there again. The vaparetto stop would be Rialto.
May 22nd, 2003, 09:15 AM

We stayed at the Bellettini. Did not like it at all - perhaps the annex is nicer. Did like Smeraldo in Rome.
May 22nd, 2003, 10:26 AM

try hotel galleria in Venice...great location! www.hotelgalleria.it I think is the website
May 22nd, 2003, 04:44 PM
GaiusJulius

Rome, Albergo Santa Chiara,
Florence, Cavour Hotel
Venice, Metropole
Ciao,
GaiusJulius

May 25th, 2003, 11:48 AM
TNT

My wife and I just returned from Rome, Florece and Venice and had the same requirements. Keep in mind $150 is about E125-130.
Rome-Hotel Smeraldo 4 nights E120/night
I would definately stay there again.

Florence-Soggiorno Battistero 5 nights
E90 cash, E95 CC.
Our favorite of the trip. Includes a nice little breakfast in the room(best coffee I had in Italy).
It is up three flights of stairs and very loud at night(we were overlooking the Duomo). If you want to sleep in this is not the place.

Venice-Hotel Galleria 4 nights E110
Location is hard to beat. Included breakfast in the room. The room and bathroom are very small and there was not much water pressure in the shower, but we would stay there again.