Reload this Page >

Hotels in Sorrento

Search

Hotels in Sorrento

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 01:01 PM
ellen

Hotels in Sorrento

Any feedback on Hotel bellevue Syrene or HOtel Imperial Tramontano, or Grand Hotel Ambasciatori thanks

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 04:08 PM
italian

Hotel Bellevue Syrene is very nice.

Old May 6th, 2002, 01:11 PM
GAC

Interested in comparisons between the Bellevue Syrene and the Imperial Tramontano.

Old May 6th, 2002, 09:20 PM
jeff

i stayed int he bellevue syrene last may for three nights--if you can get one of the large suites overlooking the water--i think you will love the room--however dinner is nothing to write home about. Plus unless you have a car--you cannot get anywhere from sorrento for dinner in positano or amalfi coast (unless you hire a driver). because the last bus returns at 8:00 or so. Ohter than that I have high praise for Syrene

Old May 7th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Mari

Message: We stayed at the Bellevue Syrene last July. Our room was on the small side and nothing special to speak of. It did not look like the one on the website although we were told it would. However, we did have a balcony with a beautiful view. It is a lovely hotel with beautiful grounds and history. <BR>Right next door is the Tramontano. My sister stayed there. Her room was much less expensive than ours and much more spacious. She had a very nice partial view of the bay of Naples and overlooked surrounding garden areas. <BR>Both hotels have outdoor patio areas for drinks or light meals. The Bellevue Syrene has a beautiful area for their breakfast buffet which is included in the price. Not sure about the Tramontano. Both hotels are conveniently located within walking distance to the shopping and restaurant areas of Sorrento.<BR>Just a tip - if you stay at the Bellevue Syrene and have a balcony, be careful if you go out on the balcony and close the door - there is no way to open it from the outside and it can get really hot out there in the midday sun, wearing black pants and with no one to let you in! Good thing a very nice man next door heard me quietly calling for someone and he called to the front desk to get someone to open the door for me. We had a nice conversation while I was waiting.<BR>Carmine Bertan at the Bellevue Syrene is very helpful. We were given bottles of champagne on our first few nights there - very nice!<BR>Have a wonderful trip!<BR>