Hotels in Seville and Cordoba

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2017, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be going to Barcelona, Seville, Cordoba, and Madrid for 11 days in June. Our apartment in Barcelona is booked, now I need recommendations for hotels in Seville (2nt) and Cordoba (1nt). It will be a family of 4 with 2 teens. Looking for clean, quiet, central location and hoping to spend around $125- $150 per night.
Thanks!
Old Apr 1st, 2017, 04:06 PM
kja

I have no idea what the rates would be, but I was very pleased with Hotel Las Casas de la Judería in Sevilla.
Old Apr 1st, 2017, 04:16 PM

In Seville, we are staying at Apartamentos Suites Santa Cruz
recommended by Candace on this forum.
http://www.apartamentossantacruz.com/

In Cordoba, we are staying at Las Casas de la Juderia de Cordoba, also recommended by Candace.

http://www.lascasasdelajuderiadecordoba.com/

I think both of them are around $150.
Hope this helps.
Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

@ karenwoo- thanks for info. Is this in a good location as far as you can see? This is the only place that is still available out of all of the recommendations, bat 10 of them. I was starting to get nervous. This looks nice and a great price.
Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 07:02 AM

We stayed at Las Casas de la Juderia last week. Loved it and found it to be well located. Córdoba isn't that big and is very walkable. Booking.com often has good deals on the hotel.
Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

@karenwoo-I went ahead and booked it! There wasn't a whole lot of options for my dates and this looks great! What are you planning to do in Seville? After I book hotels, I am starting to plan what to do in each place.
Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 10:49 AM

In Cordoba we stayed in Hotel Viento 10. Definitely in your price range for a double room. Not sure about quads.

While in Cordoba, eat at Regadera, best meal we had in that Andalusia.
Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 02:41 PM

Kwar, we are planning on the following:

Seville's Cathedral
Alcazar - UNESCO World Heritage Site
Casa de Pilates
Hospital de Los Venerables Sacerdotos - art gallery in a baroque mansion
Museo de Bellas Artes de Sevilla - excellent museum of Spanish art
Parroquia del Divino Salvador - baroque church
Hopefully see a Flamenco show.
We like to wander through neighbrhoods, such as Barrio de Santa Cruz, Triana district, Plaza de Espagna

Not sure if we will have time to do everything, but the top 3 are "must sees".
We will be in Seville for 4 nights.
Just curious, which hotel did you book?
Hope this helps. We are going in September. Are you planning on writing a trip report?
Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

@Karenwoo- I booked your recommendation for Seville. The cordoba hotel was almost $400 for one night so I went with a different one in Cordoba.
Thanks for all of the great info on Seville. I have all accommodations booked now except for Madrid. We are there for 3 nights so I will be looking for an apartment. Any advice?
Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 03:49 PM

In Seville we did city tour and Alcazar tour with Concepcion at https://www.tourhq.com/guide/es91256/concepcin-delgado . She was amazing, just loved spending time with her!

We saw a flamenco show here (purchased tickets in advance) http://www.lacasadelflamencosevilla.com/
Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 04:14 PM

For flamenco, we really enjoyed a performance at the Museo del Baile Flamenco. The 7 p.m. show is held in the smaller of two rooms and is quite intimate. Book in advance though. All the shows there tend to sell out.

We also enjoyed a food tour with Devour Tours. I assume they offer one that is suitable for kids (ours involved both tapas and drinks). They offer tours in Madrid as well.
Old Oct 17th, 2017, 06:45 AM

wow checked out the rates at casas de la juderiade for May of 2018 and they are wayyyy expensive.. basic room for two 779 for two nights could their rates have gone up that much??

http://www.lascasasdelajuderiadecordoba.com/
Old Oct 17th, 2017, 07:16 AM

Either you are reading it wrong or there is something special abut the dates you picked. There are festivals around that period. But I found rates for the basic double room around $225 a night in mid-May. For example, hotels in Seville have super-high rates during Semana Santa, maybe double normal, and also high rates during the spring festival. There is also a spring festival in Cordoba the last week. But even then, I don't see rates anything like $390 a night for the basic double room. The junior suite is about that much, though.
Old Oct 17th, 2017, 01:09 PM

Barbara,
We stayed at Las Casas de la Juderia in Cordoba this past September. We stayed there 2 nights. I checked our receipt, and we paid $400 for 2 nights, and that includes having drinks at the honor bar for both nights.
Karen