Search

Seville and Cordoba

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seville and Cordoba

Hello All!

Planning our first ever trip to Spain, and looking for hotel/inn suggestions. Like everyone else I imagine, we are interested in finding something lovely, transporting, and preferably in the city center.

I have spent a few days researching but wanted to come directly to the best source around!

We have not set our budget yet and tend to center it around the hotel we choose so all ranges are welcome!

Many thanks in advance everyone!!
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 02:14 PM

we just got back from spain about a month ago.
i would absolutely recommend the casas de la juderia in seville and the hotel maimonides in cordoba. both were absolutely lovely and very very close to all major cites.
these were two of my favorite cities in spain...have a great time!
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 07:57 PM

We stayed at Conquistador in Cordoba using Bancotel coupons and really liked it. It was directly across from La Mezquita. Alos, highly recommend the reataurant El Caballo Rojo nearby.
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 05:55 AM
ComfyShoes

sneep, Visit maribel guides for excellent summary of hotels in Seville. You can find it at: http://maribelsguides.com/

Old Mar 21st, 2007, 06:23 AM

I agree with Jogee on Cases De La Juderia in Seville. Also stayed there, location great and a really beautiful hotel.Can't help w/ hotel in Cordoba did a day trip from Seville.
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 08:44 AM

I can highly recommend the NH Amistad in Cordoba. GREAT location in the old/historic part of the city. It's quite contemporary on the inside but has an ancient stone facade. You might appreciate a modern hotel after your stay in Seville. We stayed at Casas de la Juderia and agree that it's lovely with an excellent location, but we've found old palaces converted into hotels have a tendency to be somewhat odd -- especially the bathrooms. So we appreciated the Amistad at the end of a trip filled with odd bathrooms!
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 07:18 AM

I can HIGHLY recommend Amadeus which is right by the casas de la juderia. We were just there with a party of 6 with 3 rooms and we are a fussy bunch. Everyone loooved it.

There is a reason why it is number one on B&B's in Seville and has rave reviews there, and by Rick Steves, British Conde Nast and on Maribels too.

Killer location,lovely rooms, great terrace breakfast, incredible service and much cheaper than casas de la juderia.

Here is a little bit about our stay ( I did not put detailed pics of the room on the blog, but they were all nice and we were in the newly reformed part. They were roomier than the pics show and lots of lovely touches.We ordered an extra bed for my child but the bed was plenty big for all 3 of us.

I don't usually do a whole blog entry on a hotel, so you know we were very pleased:

http://www.soultravelers3.com/blog/B...07F509DAD.html