Hotels in Rome for 3 people

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is our 1st trip to Rome. Due to the weak dollar we are trying to find a place for 3 people for 2 nights (Oct. 21 and 22).We will be leaving for Greece on the 23 and returning to Rome after that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 05:14 PM

That's pretty late notice. What's your budget? Are you talking about one room (triple)?
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Our budget is about $150-200 per night for 3 people in one room. Yes, I'm worried about the late notice but it couldn't be helped. Thanks.
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 06:10 PM

Try Aberdeen, Sanyo, and Contilia -- all three stars in that price range and convenient to the train station.
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 07:52 PM

Mixing my "o" and "a" It is Sonya
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 08:34 PM

Have you checked laterooms.com?
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 08:34 PM

Also venere.com
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 09:01 PM
MaureenB

Would you consider staying at a convent? Some of them I researched in Italy had twin beds in their rooms, and maybe three twin beds are available. They are clean and inexpensive housing, usually including breakfast. They are fine if you don't mind a nightly curfew.
>-

Old Oct 9th, 2007, 09:06 PM
MaureenB

Here's one website, for monasteries, and it mention triple rooms for 142 EUR with breakfast included.
http://www.monasterystays.com/index....2&loc=Rome

The convents listed here are less expensive than the monasteries:
http://www.santasusanna.org/comingToRome/convents.html
>-

Old Oct 10th, 2007, 12:18 AM

I would highly recommend the Hotel Teatro Pace 33 (Not to be confused with the Rezidenzia Teatro Pace). I have just checked on hotelclub.net and they do have availability on the nights you are looking for a room for 3 people. (under AUD$300 per night) Shop around for a cheap rate. Have you tried lastminute.com?

I have stayed at this hotel many times before and have had a wonderful experience and am booked to go again in December. Breakfast is very italian style (ie coffee and toast - very minimal), and is probably better enjoyed in the handiest piazza.
It is in an excellent position - I often travel on my own & so enjoy the security of staying somewhere very central and close to restaurants for evening. Hotel Teatro Pace 33 certainly fits the bill for me. It is about 150m to the Piazza Navona - which is full of wonderful restaurants (there are fabulous cheaper eats in the surrounding side streets) and is gorgeous at night with the fountains all lit up. You are about 100m from the Corso Vittorio d' Emanuelle (where you can catch a bus anywhere) and about 2 minutes walk from Campo D'Fiori (great pizza from the bakery here). If you like to walk you - you are about 10 minutes on foot from St Peter's.
The hotel is a listed residence and a converted cardinal's residence. The centre piece of the hotel is an absolutely magnificent travertine marble staircase designed by Bernini. If you like to stay in glossy 5 star hotels with magnificent elevators - then you will probably hate the staircase. But if you are interested in savouring all things Italian - you'll love it.
I originally came upon the hotel through great reviews on lonelyplanet.com.