hotels in Grindelwald

Search

hotels in Grindelwald

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotels in Grindelwald

We're looking for a family-oriented hotel in Grindelwald -- we have two small children. Does anyone know anything about either the Hotel Gletscherschlucht or the Hotel Tschuggen? Any other recommendations?

Thanks.
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 12:21 PM

I don't know either of those. We have stayed at Hotel Residence, in a2-bedroom apartment that was very spacious and comparatively inexpensive. The location is very good---off the main street, but quite central. The apartments have a 3-night minimum.

The Hotel Cabana (downhill from the train station) and Hotel Kirch-Bühl (above town) also offer family apartments; I have have very nice correspondence with both, but we haven't stayed there yet, so I can't give a personal recommendation.

Gletschergarten gets lots of rave reviews here. I also like Alto Post, but I don't think they have family rooms.
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 02:19 PM

My son loved the Gletschergarten with his family about 6 years ago. Go to www.onelittleworld.com and find that trip--great pics.
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 03:04 PM

Unfortunately the Gletschergarten only shows double rooms on their website. For family accomodation, they offer their apartment in Chalet Hohturnen, which can accomodate 2 extra beds:

http://www.hotel-gletschergarten.ch/...nwohnung.shtml
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 03:49 PM

We stayed in Chalet Hohturnen (the Gletschergarten apartment) last September for five nights. It was just the two of us but there's a bed in the first room (combination entry room w/bed, fireplace, and well-appointed kitchen). I believe there's a report here of someone who had two children in this room but I can't remember their name, sorry. The bed may be a trundel bed but I'm not sure.

Anyway, the apartment is spotless and I think there'd be plenty of room for all of you. The deck is large with good dining/seating options and an amazing view. There's a washer dryer downstairs which you can use for a small fee (honor system).

Gabriela (the daughter of the owners of the Gletschergarten) and her husband Michel live upstairs with their young sons and they couldn't have been more helpful.

There's a small bakery/convenience store directly opposite the apartment and you're a five-minute walk into town. Be sure to have pizza one night at Onkle Tom's Hut--your boys will be very welcome and the pizza is great.

Best of luck!

Maureen