Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for a small apartment in Sarlat-help please

Sep 20th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Original Poster

I'm looking for a small apartment in sarlat for 2 people. Right in the old town, not out in the country. Ideally around Euro 500 per week. Has anyone suggestions please?
Sep 20th, 2009, 06:12 PM
blh

We stayed at Villa des Consuls in the center of Sarlat last year in the "Fenelon" apartment. It ranges from 73€ to 83€ a night for seven nights depending on the season. This is 511€ to 581€ for a week. This is a good and convenient place to stay. This particular apartment is on the third floor (attic) with no elevator. The apartment is as pictured on the website: http://www.villaconsuls.fr/accueil-s...onsuls-en.html
Sep 20th, 2009, 08:02 PM
pdx

Ditto blh. I was trying to think what the name was of the hotel and here it is! I stayed with 2 friends in a room with a small kitchen. Worked out great, even made popcorn one night. Perfect location and inexpensive for such a nice room and locale. Check it out, you can't go wrong.
Sep 21st, 2009, 02:31 AM
Original Poster

Hi, thanks for this. I've looked at it on the website. Can you give me an idea of how spacious it is? It seems to be an all-in-one studio - is that so? There would be just the 2 of us. Did it have an outlook - it is difficult to see what windows there are, from the photos. Thanks for your help. I'd seen it before, but hadn't really considered it a possibility, as it looks small on the website - so I'd love some feedback from those who have stayed there. Thanks so much!
Sep 21st, 2009, 11:07 AM
blh

Yes, it is a studio - one large room - kitchen at one end, sofa in the middle, and bed on other end. There are windows on both sides - no particular view that I remember. Mostly rooftops. The kitchen is nice - but no oven if you were thinking of cooking. There is a microwave for warming, a sink, and a small refrigerator. It's nice for breakfast, snacks, etc. As I said, it is on the third floor if you have a problem with stairs, it wouldn't be the best situation.

On the first floor of the hotel, there is a laundry room. I believe there are three washers and dryers that you can use for free. That was one of the +'s that we considered. The hotel also has rooms that have smaller kitchenettes. I believe the rooms might be as large or larger than the apartment Fenelon. If you won't be using the kitchen much, you might prefer one of the rooms. The hotel is very clean, but not luxurious.