HOTELS IN GRANADA

Jul 14th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

HOTELS IN GRANADA

Any recommendations for hotels in Granada and Seville? I have tree nights in each place.
Jul 14th, 2004, 01:48 PM

Melia Granada- near the Plaza Nueva. outstanding hotel.

Seville
my parents stayed at Los Seises, the location seemed excellent but the staff left much to be disired.

Jul 14th, 2004, 01:54 PM

Seville=Alphonso X111, Grenada=I think it was Alhambra palace.Outside of Granada La Bobadilla.
Jul 14th, 2004, 02:07 PM

If you're looking for a really nice place mid-range place to stay in Granada, the Dauro li is quite nice. It has comfortable air-conditioned rooms with marble bathrooms, is big enough to have plenty of amenities but small enough to be very personable, and a great breakfast room.
It's on Navas, a pedestrian street lined with restaurants, a short walk from Plaza Nueva (which seems to be the unofficial center of town - it's where the Alhambra bus departs from).
Jul 14th, 2004, 05:38 PM

If you want the best deals, try petrabax.com--you can purchase bancotel coupons from them. You can purchase them directly from bancotel.com, but have to buy in quantities of 5, whereas with petrabrax, you can buy various amounts (though they charge a $25 fee, which I thought was worth it.)
Jul 14th, 2004, 09:59 PM

mgmargate...those are two elite hotels, and one will pay accordingly. kbarshay, consider those two only if you have plenty of money to burn

In Sevilla, why not try the Casas de la Juderia, centrally located and not outrageously expensive.

artlover..petrabax lots of mixed opinions about them. they were outrageously expensive and a bit too curt for my taste. my dos centavor.

Jul 15th, 2004, 02:43 AM

Wildfire:The poster asked for hotel recommendations and I gave them. I know how much they cost,we stayed there.Relative to many European cities they are a bargain.
Jul 15th, 2004, 05:56 AM

mgmargate; point well taken. i would love to be able to stay at either of those hotels
Jul 15th, 2004, 06:16 AM

kbarshay - It would help if you give us a price range. I stayed in relatively cheap hotels (under 70 euros a night) in both places, and I was happy with both of them. They were basic, but clean and well located and I would recommend them:

Sevilla - Hotel Alcantara
Granada - Hotel Anacapri

They both have websites.

Karen
Jul 15th, 2004, 06:32 AM

Karen I stayed in the anacapri during my visit to Granada two years ago. Though it was fine clean and fairly well located in the city etc,,it was probably overpriced.
the Melia Granada basically around the corner is bout the same price (100) a bit nicer hotel.
ps if you stay at the Anacapri, say hi to Kathy..she speaks iowan.
Jul 15th, 2004, 09:56 AM

wildfire, sorry you had an unpleasant experience with petabrax--I worked with Luis there and he was very nice and helpful (plus, he's Spanish, so had some insiders knowledge). The Melia Granada is part of the Bancotel coupon system and was available for one coupon a night (50 euros) when we were in Spain last year.
Jul 15th, 2004, 01:37 PM

Wildfire: No problem. Happy Travels.
Jul 15th, 2004, 02:41 PM

A couple years ago we stayed at Hotel Inglaterra - here's the web site - www.nh-hoteles.com. I don't remember the price but it was fairly moderate and in a great location -- close to lots of bars, restaurants, etc. We walked to the Alhambra -- it wasn't too long of a walk and they mentioned something about a shuttle which we didn't use.
Jul 16th, 2004, 02:43 PM

We just came yesterday from a wonderful first time vacation to Seville, Cordoba & Granada.
In Seville we stayed at Cases de la Juderia at the presdient suite # 223. The hotel is very nice and has the feel of the town. the service is great and the people are very nice. The buffet breakfast is the best because you can have food prepared specially for you + the buffet.
On the way back we stayed at Alfonso XIII hotel for one night and it is magistic.
Seville is a small time so both hotels are close to the main attractions.

In Granada I will never stay anywhere but Al-Hambara Palace Hotel. Really beatutiful view and great service. So close to the main palace. We stayed at room #407 which had a big terrace attached to it, as big as a dinning hall. you can see the whole city from it.

Hope this helps.
Sue