Reload this Page >

hotels in florence

Search

hotels in florence

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 07:08 PM
janet

hotels in florence

I'm looking for advice on good areas and hotels in Florence. How is the Palazzo storzzi area? Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Paris? What about Hotel Porta Rosa? We are traveling with Italiatour so our hotel choices are limited.Does anyone recommend the following hotels, Ambasciatori,Ariele, Botticelli,Le cascine,Machiavelli,Martelli,Rex, or San Giogio? Any help would be appreciated.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 05:30 AM
janet

I'm so hoping someone will give me advice. I have to let italiatour know monday if I want to change hotels. They now reccomend the Botticelli. Please help.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 05:39 AM
M

I'm not familiar with these hotels but you can try to do a text search for each hotel and see if there are any comments. I'm sure you'll find some.

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 03:46 PM
cat

Janet,<BR>I stayed at the Hotel Paris in May. We loved it. The breakfast room is lovely, with frescoed ceiling and the rooms were very nice. They put us up in the presidental suite because there were 3 of us, so we may be a little jaded but from what I saw the hotel was very nice. The people at the front desk spoke excellent english and were very helpful. <BR>Have a wonderful time.<BR>Cat

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Holly

The Botticelli is a nice hotel and well-located near the San Lorenzo market. I love staying in that area. But be warned - the rooms facing the street are extremely noisy with all the vespas going by from 6 a.m. til midnight, so if you stay there, insist on a room away from the street.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 10:27 AM
jennifer

Just returned from Florence, whatever you do do not stay at the Hotel Porta Rossa in Florence. It is filthy dirty and service is horrible!!! Be Ware!!!