Hotels in Dublin

Search

Hotels in Dublin

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Dublin

If you had to choose between the Jury's Ballsbridge and the Pembroke Town House, which would it be? Or are there any better hotels in that price range?
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 02:05 PM

Where is the area that you would PREFER to stay in?

Jurys Inn Christchurch is about 110 Euro per night, on the western edge of Templebar, if you want 'close-in'. Jurys Inn Customs House is about the same price. It's just North of the Liffy, opposite Trinity College.

Bob
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

I prefer to stay in the Ballsbridge area, which is where both of these are. I believe they're very close to each other. I was wondering if anyone had stayed in either one.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 04:22 AM

Gsidell

I would prefer Jurys .
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 05:42 AM

When ever I have friends or family visiting me here in Ireland, they always stay in the Pembroke Townhouse. It is VERY close to Jury's so in terms of location there is nothing between the two. I've would go for the Pembroke Townhouse because it is smaller and more welcoming then Jurys. Also I've always found the prices to be MUCH better. Another reason to pick the Pembroke Townhouse is that it has far more character in that it consists of two old Georgian buildings. As a result the rooms are well proportioned and have high ceilings.
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 02:28 AM

Have you considered the centre of town rather than out in D4 area? Depends on your budget as you know. Here are a few hotels that are good value and city centre based.

1.) www.qualityhoteldublincity.com (this is on the Quays down near the IFSC - southside. lovely modern hotel, great value.)

2.) www.ripleycourt.com - just off O'Connel Street (suits a budget hunter who wants a central hotel)

3.) www.royalhoteldublin.com - actually on O'Connell Street, can't get more central than this.

4.) www.blooms.ie - Temple Bar location for those who want a bit of nightlife.

5.) www.centralhotel.ie - Name says it all really. Next to Grafton Street.

If you would like to pamper yourself a bit you could stay just beside St. Stephens Green. www.fitzwilliam-hotel.com.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 06:26 AM

i stayed at the jurys ballsbridge last year, and was quite pleased. it's a nice walk from there to grafton street...
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 08:22 AM

I think the Pembroke would be a nicer experience to a big hotel but both are good. Ripley court mentioned would not rate in my book just for the area for a tourist. I think the royal Dublin also has had its day and both are not as nice as the Pembroke Townhouse or Jurys Ballsbridge in my opinion. Blooms can also get crazy with stag and hen parties and is a loud area beside temple bar.

The central hotel I think is an great location and I have not seen the rooms it looks nice and gets decent reviews.
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 08:31 AM

I would agree with Siobhan - I'm not sure about the Central Hotel - looks OK from the outside and the location is good, but I would choose the Pembroke or Jury's above any of the others. If you do want a good hotel in the city centre, try Brooks Hotel - it's in an excellent location and gets great reviews.