Search

Jurys Inns

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:06 PM
csr

Jurys Inns

If anyone has had experience staying at Jury's Inns in Ireland, please relate, either good or bad. Especially interested in Galway Inn.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:12 PM
Rex

Can't comment on the Galway Inn, but my stay at Jurys Inn Christchurch (in Dublin) provided no surprises, good or bad. A bit lacking in charm, clean, predictable, plain vanilla. Others report generally the same at other Jurys, I think.<BR><BR>One feature that is uncommone in Ireland - - and could be of help to those wanting to sleep 2, 3 or mre in one room. Jurys quotes a fixed price per room, whereas it is much more common to charge per person in most hotels in Ireland.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 01:25 PM
Joe

I stayed at the Jury's Inn in Galway in '95, and Rex's generic description fits: clean, good size, bland room. Very much like a good quality Holiday Inn.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 02:25 AM
Siobhan

THey are an Irish chain and are well priced and yes the cost is per room and you can sleep asmany as it holds! I think the Galway one is nicer than the christchurch/Dublin one but they all differ. The one is Ballsbridge Dublin is nicer as well with a good pub attached and late coffee shop for a snack. I would not hesitate to stay in any of them.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 07:43 PM
for csr

no way to know if this is still useful anymore.<BR>

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:12 AM
Lillie Harty

I got great value on the web last week.I was going to stay in Jurys Inn in Dublin but got a special offer at the same price in Jury`s Hotel in Ballsbridge in Dublin.I guess it was because business is quiet at Christmas as it normally costs twice as much to stay in the hotel.Their website is at www.jurysdoyle.com.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 03:25 AM
sam

csr... <BR><BR>I'm staying at the one in Galway this weekend, and the one at Christchurch next - if you bring this post to the top after the 20th - I'll let you know exactly what I think about both.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:57 AM
Mary

Didn't stay at Jury's in Galway, but noticed it. The location is wonderful! Just at the edge of the old section of town where most pubs, restaurants, and shops are located.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 07:52 AM
hi

Hi- Im irish and live in Ireland-Jurys Inn Galway is generaly regarded as the best Jurys Inn. Its clean and well located but it may be noisy-it gets a lot of bachelor parties/stag parties as do many Galway hotels but that said Ive stayed there and found it good value and clean. The new Ibis hotel is further out but I hear its doing well-same price range as Jurys Inns.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Julie

I stayed at a Jurys around Shannon and enjoyed it. I highly recommend the Ardilaun in Galway too. It's not right in town but a short cab ride to town. It is a little more than Jurys but beautiful and the food is great

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Jed

Looks like the jury's out at Jurys Inns.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 02:30 AM
csr

ttt

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 12:50 PM
csr

any more input?? <BR>Thx

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:18 PM
karan

don't stay in the Jury's in Galway, its a mess.<BR><BR>we stayed there in November and had to be moved 3 times.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:29 PM
elaine

Go for this Inn - its really great. It overlooks the famous Spanish Arch with a view of the Corrib River. It is at the end of Shop Street where all the buzz happens (pubs, restaurants, shops etc) THE street in Galway. A lovely chip shop around the corner McDonaghs - very highly recommend for fish/chips - you have to try it. Jurys is the top Irish Inns (short stay hotels) chain and I've stayed there in Galway and in Cork and my family has used Dublin Inn. Great value, spotless, fantastic location, very safe. If you can get booking take it. Elaine, 30ish experienced traveller.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 03:07 PM
cdfev

I stayed at the Jury's in Cork. It is nice enough for an overnight stay, although it is in no way comparable to a 3 star hotel in the US. It probably would be comparable to a La Quinta with a restaurant that is actually very good.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Ken

I stayed for three nights last week at Jurys in Galway and recommend it. It was worth the $70 per night. The location is ideal, steps away from good restaurants, shops, etc. It was clean and the staff was nice. <BR><BR>The rooms are OK--like a Holiday Inn. Ask for nonsmoking if you don't smoke.<BR>

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 02:41 AM
csr

topping for Sam's report<BR>thx

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Wendy

I stayed at Jury's in Galway waaaaay back in 2000 and absolutely loved it. The rooms weren't huge but we had a lovely view of the river, underground parking (you must pay for it), step out onto Quay St and then a short walk to Shop Street and THE best power showers I've found in Ireland yet!

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 07:32 AM
sam

csr - <BR><BR>Jury's Inn Galway was great. The service was good, the staff friendly and extremely helpful. I didn't eat there, so i can't comment on that. someone mentioned the fish and chips at McDonoughs. Excellent, probably the best I've ever had. The rooms were clean, but basic. The shower in my room was a bit lacking in force, but made up for it in hot water. and - I liked the fact that it had a tub. Great location - close to the pubs and shops. My room over looked the river (?) in the back and was quite a nice view. <BR><BR>jury's inn christchurch was nice as well. great bar. probably a 10 minute walk to Grafton St and almost as close to temple bar. again, the room was basic and clean (and, as Rex mentioned, had the added bonus of an extra bed - for the same price. (our was used for the clothes that I usually throw on the floor. Great value given the cost of other hotels in the area. A decent Holiday Inn is a good comparison. Let meknow iif you have any other questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -