Hotelnet service,internet booking

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I booked accomodation in Rome through hotelnetservice. I got e mail back that my reservation is confirmed.I gave my visa number and in that page it says that they gonna charge me for one night if I dont cancel in time (72 hours from departure time).
I never use internet for this purposes so I wonder how does it operates.
Will my bank notified me before they charge me if I dont show up
One more thing, On that page it says that I dont have to pay deposit or something,and all amount should be paid when I arrive.And I didnt got from them phone number of the owner of the place that I'm sopposed to come.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 03:30 AM

No, your bank won't notify you in the event of a no-show. In giving your CC number, it is understood that you have made a contract with hotelnet/the hotel and you are now bound by its terms, and it is your responsibility to understand the terms. The bank only gets involved if for any reason you dispute the way the hotel enforced contract (i.e, say you cancelled a full week ahead in writing, i.e. well in advance of the 72 hour deadline, but the hotel went ahead and charged you for a no-show. This would be grounds for dispute. )

You made the reservation over the Internet, so presumably there is a way to cancel over the Internet. You need to go back to the hotelnet site and read carefully the procedure for cancellation if that becomes necessary. However, I agree it can be helpful to know the phone number of the hotel, if only to be able to confirm directions to the hotel, or warn them you will be late, etc. etc. There should be a contact number or email address where you can ask for this information.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 03:32 AM

Interesting. If this site is hotelnet.com, it seems it is not a booking agent per se, but a site that re-directs you to booking agents like expedia, travelocity, orbitz, etc. etc. You need to go to the particular site you linked to and read the terms, as they may differ, one from the other.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 07:17 AM
ira

Hi K,

You should also contact the hotel to see that they have your reservation.

Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Original Poster

First of all thanks on informations.The provider is hotelnetservice.com and it doesnt redirect to expedia and that others sites you mentioned.
They emailed me that my reservation is confirmed and they give me e mail of the hotel, but i didnt get an answer from that e mail when I asked for phone number.I understood the procedure to cancel the booking. I wouldn be worry if I got the e mail back form the hotel with phone number to make sure about booking.
Anyway thanks
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:26 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
&quot;<i>i didnt get an answer from that e mail when I asked for phone number</i>&quot;

This is very simple - since you know the name of the hotel, you can very easily google to find the hotel's website. The site will almost certainly provide the hotel's phone number, e-mail address, street/mail address.
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 02:05 AM

topping for Kiki11 as that last idea of janisj's is good one.