Reload this Page >

Hotel Weber Ambassador CAPRI

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2002, 04:17 AM
elle

Does anyone know anything about the hotel Weber Ambassador? I'm thinking of booking it, but the prices seem too good to be true. The pix on the web-site look good, but who knows. It is right on the water in Capri. any help would be much appreciated. thanx

Old May 22nd, 2002, 05:13 AM
igor

We are also intrigued by the website. I am just wondering if there is any nightlife around the hotel. It seems to be very removed from Anacapri and Capri towns.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 06:48 AM
Amy

I stayed at the Weber last month. Yes, the hotel and surrounding area is just as pretty as the pictures! My room was very nice and my balcony overlooked the big rocks (faraglioni)...very beautiful! While I was there, they had Frank Sinatra blaring throughout the lobby which I quite liked. Gianni (the hotel manager) is a bit neurotic...so if you can handle Frank Sinatra and Gianni's ranting and raving echoing through the hotel lobby, then go for it! (Actually Gianni was great and made the stay in this beautiful hotel even better...what a character he is!) I would definitely stay there again.<BR>The hotel is located at the Marina Piccola, but the hotel driver will take you into Capritown and pick you up whenever you want...very convenient! He will take you to Anacapri as well. They charge a whopping 3 euros for unlimited rides on your bill for this service. One word of warning about the Weber - do NOT try to cancel your reservation 1 day before arrival...Gianni will become most unhappy with you...that's not a good thing! However, it is easy to win him back over once you arrive!<BR> The only other hotel that I would like to try on Capri would be the La Palma...it looked very nice and is located in town.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 06:49 AM
Amy

One more thing...the ride from the hotel to Capritown is only 5-10 minutes...very quick!

Old May 22nd, 2002, 07:12 AM
igor

Is there only 1 driver for the entire hotel? what if they have more than 2 guests trying to get into or out of Capritown? What type of clientely did you see at the hotel (agewise)?<BR><BR>Thanks

Old May 22nd, 2002, 09:05 AM
Amy

I stayed at the Weber just as they were opening for the season. The hotel was actually almost empty, aside from maybe 4 other rooms of people. There were 2 very nice American couples that had been visiting their daughter that was attending college in Rome. If the driver (the vehicle is a van) was in town picking up or dropping off, then I waited in the lobby for 10 minutes, 15 minutes max, for the driver to return. It was no big deal to me. It might be that during a peak season they have more than 1 van and driver, I don't know. Also, the driver will pick you up at the Marina Grande when you arrive in Capri and take you back to the Marina upon departure. I didn't realize this and spent quite a bit of money taking a taxi to the hotel from Marina Grande when I arrived. Make sure that you take advantage of the transfer from the marina to the hotel. <BR><BR>I think what you need to decide is whether you would like to stay in Capritown or outside of it. If you want to stay outside, then I would stick with the Weber. It really is a lovely hotel with beautiful surroundings. If you want to stay in Capritown, then there are loads of hotels that greatly vary in prices.<BR><BR>Hope this info helps.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 10:46 AM
igor

Is there any nightlife around the hotel? Or basically, we'll have to go to Capritown every night?