Reload this Page >

Nice B&B Near Cliffs of Moher

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:16 AM
Jeff

Hello all,<BR><BR>First, thanks for all the great posts here...what a great forum for info/advice.<BR><BR>Question - My fiancee and I will arrive in Shannon from Stansted in the evening around 7pm (via RyanAir). Is it realistic to think we can make it to the Cliffs by sunset (arriving June 13th so days should be longer). If so, does anyone recommend a good B&B in the area. After seeing the Cliffs (either that evening or next AM), we plan to head for Dingle (via the ferry). Then off to Killarney. I've seen many differing opinions about Killarney. Should be just spend two nights on the Dingle Pennisula and suck up the longer drive to Cork? We only have 3nts/4days and leave from Cork around 9pm on the 16th.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for any help!<BR><BR>Jeff

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:25 PM
lizzy

http://www.kingsway.ie/horseshoehouse/index.html<BR><BR>We stayed 3 nites at this delightful Doolin b&b two years ago, run by Josephine Molony and her husband. Our friends stayed in a fancy hotel up the road and were quite envious of our inexpensive accomodations and friendly hosts, and spent much more time at our place that we did in theirs! The room was spotless, w/ ensuite bath and a lovely view of the garden and a field with cows in it. Breakfast was huge and gourmet (scrambled eggs with salmon one day). Doolin is about as close to the Cliffs as you can get and a great place to pub hop with local musicians playing most every night. Enjoy.

Old May 15th, 2002, 12:55 PM
cd

Hi Jeff!<BR>My advice would be to head for Doolin and your B&B. Doolin is such a cute little town with terrific pubs! ( The music starts around 9:30pm) Enjoy the town and then after an Irish breakfast, go to the Clifs. They are only 10 min away and do not take long to view. You could then be on your way. The B&B above sounds great or here is a web site that we choose ours from. http://www.townandcountry.ie/

Old May 15th, 2002, 01:18 PM
JoAnn

Doolin B&B meets are needs also - how do we book it?

Old May 15th, 2002, 01:40 PM
xx

JoAnn<BR>The email address is listed in the response....duh

Old May 15th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Tim

http://www.cullinansdoolin.com/Location-1.htm<BR><BR>Great location within walking distance of all 3 Doolin pubs, nice new en suite rooms, and a great wine list for their gourmet dinners. The Cliffs are a 15 minute drive away. You can't go wrong here.<BR><BR>Dingle is definitely better that Killarney in my book, but both will be brimming with tour buses in June. Kenmare is a great little picturesque town past Killarney, but is a bit off the main route into Cork.<BR><BR>No matter what - allow the extra time to drive Slea Head West of Dingle. Based on your tour above, you will see nothing like it anywhere else.

Old May 16th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Leslie

Jeff,<BR>We just arrived home from Ireland and stayed in Doolin at a GREAT B&B. The Atlantic View House, it had spectacular views 360 around! They have 12 en suite rooms, and very delightful proprietors,Eileen and Kevin O'Brien, they own the company that runs ferries to the Aran Islands, too. The B&B is about a year old and beautiful. The dining room where you eat breakfast is spectacular with the Cliffs of Moher in the distance. The phone number is 065 7074189, e mail [email protected]e you have a wonderful honeymoon!

Old May 18th, 2002, 04:10 PM
John

Jeff:<BR><BR>We stayed at a wonderful BB about 1 km from the cliffs called the: Moher Farmhouse. It was very clean, and the host could not have been better!<BR><BR>JOHN

Old May 22nd, 2002, 10:57 AM
Jeff

All,<BR><BR>Thanks for the great advice...I'll definite check in to your recommendations. <BR><BR>Thanks again!!!<BR><BR>Jeff